Now hiring an Assembly Worker in Kalamazoo, Michigan!
Trillium Staffing is seeking a custom line Assembly Worker in the Kalamazoo, MI area for a temp to hire position. This position pays $13.50/hour. Schedule is 2nd shift, Monday-Friday, 3:15pm-1:45am.
The Assembly Worker assembles heat exchanger packages and chiller. Checks and confirms work in accordance with job specifications, procedures, quality standards and checklists. Works as part of a team.
• Read and interpret bills of materials (BOM) and blueprints
• Check the parts against the bill of material to confirm that all parts are received and correct; check serial numbers, voltage, phase, etc.
• Plan and layout complex and prototype units
• Safely operate forklift and/or other lift equipment
• Confirm quality
• Accurately complete checklist
• Observe all company rules and policies, i.e. safety, attendance
• Participate and work in a team atmosphere
• Maintain high productivity and quality workmanship
• Suggest design and procedure improvements that improve quality, productivity, and reduce cost
• May be asked to serve on various committees
• Responsible for keeping work area(s) clean and free of clutter during work time and at the end of shift 5S time
• Assemble units:
- Mount compressor, condenser, and other components
- Cut, bend and braze specified piping to inlets and outlets of components; using proper brazing techniques (nitrogen purging, wet rags, etc.) and following standard procedures
- Assemble and install plumbing fittings and thread pipes
- Cut and install insulation as specified in BOM
- Assemble sheet metal cabinet
If you’re interested in this Assembly Worker opportunity, please apply today!
• Ability to read, write and do simple math
• Good mechanical and spatial relationship ability
• Ability to accurately read tape measure
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and bills of material
• Ability to braze / silver solder copper and stainless steel piping to standards
• Ability to bend and form copper tubing to standards
• Ability to pass pre-employment screenings
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.