Now hiring Senior CNC Machinists in Sterling Heights, Michigan!
Trillium Technical has 4-5 openings for Senior CNC Machinists in the Sterling Heights, MI area. The CNC Machinist performs set-up and operates computer numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and/or nonmetallic parts to very close tolerances under minimal supervision with keen attention to detail by performing the following duties. Must have working knowledge of blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
• Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
• Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
• Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
• Able to start up equipment from beginning (using MSDS tape and dry-run equipment) to identify equipment malfunctioning or out-of-tolerance machining. Based upon the resulting data, must be able to adjust machine controls or control media as required.
• Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
• Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
• Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
• May assist in training other employees.
• Maintains good housekeeping practices at all times.
• Understands, implements and maintains the Company’s quality policy in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
• Ensures that requirements of society, including laws, statutes, rules and regulations, codes, environmental considerations, health and safety factors, and conservation of energy and materials are understood, implemented and maintained.
• If assigned to the Repair Station, assumes responsibility for ensuring compliance with the Company’s FAA Inspection Procedures Manual and FAR 65, as amended.
• Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training.
If you’re interested in this opportunity for Senior CNC Machinists, please apply today!
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Must have Valid US Passport
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.