Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Sr. Project Manager in Boston, Massachusetts!
Trillium Technical is seeking a highly skilled Senior IT Project Manager-Technical Lead who will be accountable for delivering projects on time, within budget and with quality. In particular, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing, planning and organizing all phases of the project life cycle while incorporating SDLC practices that are suitable for each project using a waterfall, agile or a hybrid project management approach.
The selected candidate’s thorough understanding of complex technical scenarios and requirements will be needed to effectively manage the projects and overcome obstacles when encountered. Project Manager must be able to adapt, thrive, navigate, and succeed in a large, multi-dimensional environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. The incumbent of this position will deliver a project to replace the RMV’s current Crash system including all its integrations to Highway’s Impact system as well as law enforcement and other agencies. The incumbent of this project will potentially take on other capital projects.
• Perform with a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
• Lead the definition of the project scope, project management/SDLC approach, milestones, tasks, deliverables and resource requirements.
• Establish a communication strategy in partnership with the business, IT sponsors and effectively communicate project related information to team members, IT management, and customers throughout the project life cycle.
• Develop and maintain project plans, status reports, risk and issue logs, budget/ongoing project forecast of resources and materials and other project related artifacts.
• Effectively negotiate project resource needs and competing priorities with IT and PMO resource managers.
• Create and execute strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
• Manage, assess, and negotiate project scope changes and identify dependencies.
• Ensure that assigned projects are conducted in compliance with all department standards, policies, and guidelines. Apply appropriate levels of tailoring to meet project-specific needs, while still operating within the standard project management framework.
• Efficiently identify and resolve project issues.
• Escalate issues that require executive, management or business attention.
• Manage vendor performance and drive deliverables to meet agreed upon target dates and levels of quality,
• Ensure business engagement throughout the project, project decision making, managing scope/budget changes, business requirements elicitation and prioritization, acceptance testing, training, etc.
If you’re interested in this Sr. Project Manager opportunity, please apply today!
• BA/BS or MS degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.
• Minimum of 10 years of direct work experience in a project management capacity delivering third-party solutions with significant vendor management.
• Demonstrated track record of success at driving projects to completion, delivering them on time, within budget, and with high quality.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills as well as customer relationship management
• Strong analytical and organizational skills are essential and are required in addition to ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations professionally.
• Proven experience in negotiating and organizing project deliverables and timing within a complex business environment in order to manage stakeholder’s expectations
• PMP and CSM Certification desirable but not required.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple outside vendor contracts, relationships, deliverables and implementations
• Prior experience on projects with federal, state or local government is desirable, but not required.
• Demonstrated experience with various SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Kanban, etc.) strongly preferred.
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.