Now hiring a Truck Mechanic in Danville, Illinois!
Our client, a local recycling company in Danville, is looking to add Truck Mechanic to their team. This is a temp-to-hire position with a pay range of $15-$18/hour, based on experience. Schedule is Monday-Friday 6:00am-4:00pm with some Saturdays.
This job requires the employee to make major repairs on trucks, trailers and heavy equipment used in the processing and transport of scrap metals. It is imperative to this position that the employee be physically able to lift or move up to 100 pounds. It is part of the essential functions of the job that the maintenance mechanic will be able to climb onto and sometimes into heavy machinery. Welding experience is a plus. Must be drug free and have the ability and willingness to follow directions as well as the ability to work together with other employees as a team.
1. Diagnose and make routine repairs and service for trucks, trailers, and heavy equipment.
2. Replace parts and components when necessary to rebuild units at regular intervals.
3. Weld parts as necessary
4. Operate the machine’s controls in order to perform the designated task within the machine’s capabilities
5. Recognize the machine’s limitations in order to work safely in a large variety of job situations
6. Recognize operational control problems and coordinate their repair with outside vendors.
7. Train and assist the operators in the routine care of the machines
8. Schedule equipment for and perform preventive maintenance on trucks and equipment, coordinating these activities with the yard operations manager
9. Test equipment to check operation
If you’re interested in this Truck Mechanic opportunity, please apply today!
1. Able to diagnose and make routine repairs and service for trucks, trailers, and heavy equipment
2. Unblemished work and attendance record
3. Ability to work safely alone in highly congested areas
4. The ability to use hand tools and trade type tools
5. The strength and dexterity to lift and move 50-100 pounds manually in the maintenance of equipment
6. The agility and flexibility to climb on the various machine areas to grease and clean the machine components
7. Welding experience is a plus
8. Ability to pass pre-employment screenings
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.