Now hiring an Embedded / Electrical System Engineer in Plano, Texas!
Trillium Technical is seeking the support of an individual for the role of Embedded System Engineer in the Plano, TX area. Responsibilities of this role include working on project teams to assist in selecting, analyzing, and implementing sensors, actuators, and microcontrollers/microprocessors to measure and control the motion of robotic mobility devices with human-in-the-loop dynamics as well as performing hardware-in-the-loop, unit, integration, and low-level testing of control laws.
• Collaborate with engineering teams (internal & external partners)
• Iterate embedded system designs using rapid prototyping fabrication techniques to help in the design process of robotic mobility devices
• Source parts, materials, & resources needed for prototyping
• Design and aid in the manufacturability of PCB boards
• Develop procedures for implementing high-level control laws in hardware-in-the-loop testing
• Benchmarking best practices to develop manufacturing & unit, integration, and system testing processes
• Coordinate with Project Manager to maintain product development schedule
• Generate innovative solutions and intellectual property
• Standardize best practices to carry-over into future projects
• Prepare documentation for regulatory submissions for each project/product
• Integration of sensors and control laws in microcontrollers and microprocessors
• Unit, integration, system, and low-level testing in electromechanical systems
• Signal processing
• Wearable robots
• Version control
• Model-based design (MATLAB and Simulink)
• Coding in C++ and Python, including Embedded Software (i.e. Embedded C)
• Hands-on experience and troubleshooting of electrical systems (i.e. Flight Controls).
• Critical thinking
• Ability to Lead other functional and/or cross-functional engineers or vendors
• Circuit Board programming
• Root cause analysis
• Intellectual Property development
• Project management
If you’re interested in this Embedded / Electrical System Engineer opportunity and meet the qualification, please apply today!
• BS in Electrical Eng., Computer Eng., Robotics Eng. (or equivalent experience)
• 5+ years’ experience:
• Implementing hardware-in-the-loop control systems, safety-critical systems (not only research projects)
• Embedded system design (Hardware)
• PCB design
• Sensor and actuator selection
• Wiring harness, connector, and routing
• Power/battery management
• Lighting (i.e. LEDs)
• Experience in MATLAB and Simulink, IEC 62304 coding practices, and Software Development Life Cycle is preferred.
• Lithium Battery integration experience
• Graduate studies in Electrical Eng., Computer Eng., Robotics Eng. (or equivalent experience)
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.