Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Technical Account Executive in Germantown, Maryland!
Trillium Technical is seeking a Technical Account Executive in the Germantown, MD area for direct hire. The Technical Account Executive (also known as Technical Sales Rep.) needs to understand and be conversant in technology and not rely on a Sales Engineer. Candidates must live or want to live in the DC/Maryland/Northern VA area and be willing to commute to the Germantown office. Out of area travel is typically a couple of trips a month depending on pipeline and prospect location.
• No formal sales quotas
• No assigned territories or cold prospecting are required to establish pipeline; ample organic lead flow.
• Sales cycle is 6-9 months+ given the technical nature of the sale.
• Compensation is base plus commission and earned commissions paid upfront within 30 days of signing.
The best candidates will have cloud infrastructure experience selling compute/storage in the cloud and a good understanding of virtualized computing and networking. Candidates who sell software/software-as-a-service solutions in the cloud are typically not knowledgeable/technical enough for this role. Candidates must be capable of developing an initial solution diagram without using a Sales Engineer. Candidates in the data center/hosting/managed services space (AWS, Rackspace, QTS, etc.) are often best qualified.
If you’re interested in this Technical Account Executive opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please apply today!
• 5+ years in a technical sales/account executive role with a focus on Cloud and/or co-location/hosting/managed services especially that run on diverse environments outside intel (a plus)
• Knowledge of disaster recovery (including Disaster Recovery as a Service) a plus
• Must be conversant in Cloud concepts (IaaS, BaaS), virtualization (VMware, HyperV), storage (NetApp, EMC, etc.) and backup technologies like Veeam, Zerto, Commvault or NetBackup
• Understanding of networking types, architectures and protocols, including WAN, VPN, TCP/IP
• Familiarity with multi-platform environments – meaning more than windows – to include at a minimum Open Systems (Linux, AIX), IBM iSeries and mainframe (zOS) (a plus).
• Must be capable of developing an initial solution diagram (ex. Visio) without using a Sales Engineer
• Clearance not required; however, must eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
• Must be able to pass a background check
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.