Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Database Administrator in Norwell, Massachusetts!
Trillium Technical is seeking a Database Administrator in the Nowell, MA area for direct hire. The Database Administrator will be responsible for creating, monitoring, maintaining and generally supporting databases. Also will assist in maintaining software, scripts and reports accessing databases.
• Strong knowledge of DB2 and SQL databases.
• Recommend modifications and solutions regarding physical structures, functional capabilities, security, backup and recovery functions and schedules.
• Update, modify, reconfigure, backup and restore systems and servers.
• Ability to use systems/server analysis tools.
• Knowledge of IT Best Practices for maintaining patch management, documentation, and archiving protocols.
• Knowledge of SQL and database performance optimization.
• Basic ability to create, modify, test, implement, and maintain scripts (DCL, LSE, Perl, SQL, SQR, VI, etc.).
• Experience with troubleshooting database issues.
• Advanced ability to use OS utilities.
• Using DBMS(s), create and maintain databases accessed by all users.
• Monitor databases and proactively perform modifications, optimization adjustments, updates and upgrades as necessary.
• Work with users and programming personnel to identify application and technical requirements, evaluate existing systems and propose/design database related solutions.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of applications requiring database functions by designing and coding utilities
• Use current report writing tools to generate reports for user execution
• Perform periodic maintenance of applications requiring database access as directed by manager.
• Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Drive Cyber Security throughout the agency with the aid of the Cyber Security team to ensure all Cyber policies, tools, recommendations, are being executed to help prevent covert attacks.
If you’re interested in this Database Administrator opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please apply today!
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Analytic skills and logical thinking to ensure good problem-solving ability
• Experience in database administration of multiple databases
• Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems, with demonstrated ability to navigate in each and to write simple scripts and reports.
• Working knowledge of report writing software (e.g. SAP BI, Tableau)
• Demonstrated ability to independently follow through on assigned projects, with minimal supervision
• Ability to use standard Microsoft software (Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint)
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.