Now hiring for a Technical Support position in Livonia, Michigan!
Trillium Technical is seeking candidates for a Technical Support opportunity in the Livonia, MI area. This position is responsible to review, analyze, and evaluate various systems operations. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure timely resolution. Performs advance root cause analysis and develops checklists for typical problems. Provide technical support on a variety of issues. Escalate problems to next level support professionals when necessary.
• Build custom cans for catalysts
• Cut catalyst matting
• Build custom tooling cones to stuff catalysts into cans
• Build jigs that will be used to fabricate custom exhaust systems
• Instrument exhaust systems with thermocouples and transducers
• Reading/interpreting drawings and sketches so that they can fabricate the part
• Making drawings/sketches for parts that need fabrication based on schematics
• Develop design/parts from concept through vehicle implementation
• Metalworking/Fabrication of parts through the use of Mill, Lathe, Grinder, Saw, Press, etc
• MIG/TIG welding of steel, stainless steel, and aluminum
• Installation of various prototype components onto test vehicles
• Loading and unloading of trucks at shipping dock through the use of a PIV
• Basic facility maintenance (lights, ceiling tiles, plumbing, etc)
• Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written and verbal form.
• Continually assessing current processes and procedures, and evaluating potential means to improve efficiency within the scope of the Tech Support group
Driving and Travel Requirements:
• Will be required to drive a company car. A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
• Will not be required to travel
If you’re interested in this Technical Support opportunity, please apply today!
• High School Diploma
• Some college experience and/or 10-15 years of relevant work experience
• Clean driving record
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to lead, follow and collaborate with others in a comfortable and friendly fashion
• Ability to make valid decisions and initiate action in a variety of circumstances and on short notice
• Confidence and willingness to coordinate activities with others while listening to their input
• Ability to take direction from engineers and supervisors within the Advanced Powertrain organization
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds on occasion
• Must be able to walk up to 5 miles per day
• Must be able to pass PIV physical for forklift license
• Experience MIG/TIG welding of steels and aluminum
• Experience with basic machine shop equipment such as Lathes and Mills
• Experience hand fabricating sheet metal components
• Experience working on vehicles
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.