Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Lab Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts!
Trillium Technical is seeking a Lab Manager in the Cambridge, MA area who will provide professional and managerial support to the active learning activities taking place at undergraduate Active Learning Labs. The successful candidate will perform a wide range of skilled lab management and administrative activities for the undergraduate Active Learning labs as well as other activities the program director they report to is engaged with.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage program activities: Works with the Active Learning Lab team to plan and organize the Active Learning Lab daily activities. Assists in the planning, scheduling, and implementation of programming for the Active Learning Labs.
• Ensures safe practices in the undergraduate teaching labs. Works with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) officers to ensure the Active Learning Lab spaces comply with appropriate health and safety regulations and standards. Reviews requests to use chemicals (e.g. SDS review for new chemicals to be brought into the labs per student/project request. Mentors undergraduate students on general lab safety as needed. Develops and documents new SOPs as needed.
• Monitors purchases of the Active Learning Lab program. Acts as liaison with SEAS Finance as needed for purchasing
• Manage program records: Establishes a repository of Active Learning Labs’ knowledge including lab exercises and experiments, active learning presentations, standard operating procedures (SOPs), etc. Tracks, documents and updates lab safety procedures, safety training records and other related activities that the director is engaged with.
• Monitor equipment purchases and maintenance: Works with Active Learning Lab engineers to evaluate Active Learning Lab needs in support of faculty vision, for major new equipment and instruments. Communicates with vendors and prepare requisitions to obtain the required equipment.
If you’re interested in this Lab Manager opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please apply today!
• BA/BS is required, preferably in engineering/science discipline.
• 3+ years of experience working in a lab environment (including experience working with chemicals) (paid or intern role)
• Experience working in a machine shop environment is a plus.
• experience in managing a professional environment, showing initiative with low supervision
• Experience working as a lab safety officer is a plus.
• Ability and willingness to tackle multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic team environment with timely delivery.
• Professional knowledge of computer software and other technical applications including word processing, database management, spreadsheets, graphics and presentation software, electronic calendar, email, etc.
• Strong organizational skills, creativity, motivation, communication (oral and written), and attention to detail.
• The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• This individual will also establish cooperative work relationships between faculty, staff and students in determining laboratory needs.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.