Now hiring an R&D Specialist/Food Scientist in Hoopeston, Illinois!
Trillium has a direct hire position available for a R&D Specialist/Food Scientist in the Hoopeston, IL area. Salary is $45,000-$50,000 yearly. Typical schedule is 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Responsibilities of the R&D Specialist/Food Scientist include but may not be limited to: performing various tasks assisting in development of new items, renovation of existing formulations, and supports efforts to ensure quality product is produced, maintained, and documented. Additionally, this position will underwrite efforts in product improvement and distribution by our sales and procurement teams. This position will also be responsible for maintaining and entering data in several databases.
As a member of the R&D team, you will help develop products which can be reproduced in a large-scale food manufacturing environment.
• Assist in the development of new bean products from concept approval, formulation, product development, plant trial runs to launch and post-launch review by collaborating with marketing, sales, project management, QA and production
• Participate as an active member of cross-functional business development teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Marketing, Finance, Purchasing, and many others
• Assist in redesign & renovation of existing products to increase quality, reduce costs, and/or increase production efficiencies
• Partner internally and externally to source new ingredients and leverage vendor expertise in ingredient functionality
• Assist Quality and Procurement departments in maintaining specifications for new ingredients and/or suppliers.
• Support production with troubleshooting out of spec product or production concerns on established products.
• Maintain accurate product records, documentation and archives in various databases including Global Data Synchronization of existing retail business
• Maintains laboratory, including upkeep of equipment, stocking of supplies and general cleaning of work areas
• Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
If you’re interested in this direct hire &D Specialist/Food Scientist opportunity, please apply today!
• Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science from an accredited university
• Previous experience in food product development & in food manufacturing strongly preferred.
• Ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments
• Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks
• Ability to work independently while collaborating and communicating with team members in various departments
• Strong communication skills (oral and written)
• Knowledge of Genesis labeling system preferred but not required
• Must be physically capable of lifting 50 lbs.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.