Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a CNC Operator/Programmer trainee in Minden, Nevada!
Trillium Staffing has a CNC Operator/Programmer trainee position available in the Minden, NV area. This is a direct hire opportunity available at our client location, who is a leader in hydraulic elevator control valves and support products. Pay range is $22.00 to $30.00 an hour. This is a first shift position, Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Candidate will be responsible for performing machine setups and edits, first article inspections, tool changes and offsets, documentation, and machine adjustments as it relates to the CNC Operation. In addition, this position is responsible for checking machines to ensure they are running in an effective and efficient manner. Other related duties as assigned.
• Properly inspects parts and machines on a regular basis, keeping the Supervisor informed in regards to rejected parts, scrap, problems with machines, etc.
• Responsible for keeping Supervisor informed in a timely manner of all issues that affect or may affect production, employee relations, or the company.
• Performs setups and edits on CNC machines to follow specifications of designated prints. This includes mounting fixtures, components and castings and making necessary adjustments, ensuring that operations are performed exactly to print specifications.
• Reviews finished product from the machining process to ensure quality and accuracy in the product and ensures machine is shut down if product does not meet print specifications, until the problem is solved.
• Loads and unloads parts to and from fixtures, ensuring correct parts are loaded onto appropriate fixture for the job.
• Responsible for keeping machine area in a clean and tidy manner by regularly cleaning in, on, and around the machines to prevent chip build-up and/or coolant spills.
If you’re interested in this direct hire CNC Operator/Programmer trainee opportunity and meet the qualifications, please apply today!
• Prefer High School grad with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a CNC manufacturing environment, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced math skills a plus.
• Mechanically inclined.
• Solid working knowledge of hand tools and machining processes is essential.
• Must have previous training and experience in performing setups, edits, inspections and have the ability to perform in a competent manner.
• Must be experienced with machine shop inspection tools (i.e calipers, micrometers, etc).
• Knowledge of CAD/CAM software (Creo, Pro-M) or the ability to learn.
• Some computer experience essential.
• Must possess a reasonable degree of hand-eye coordination and dexterity in order to effectively utilize tools required for the job.
• Physical ability to lift up to 60 lb. Physical ability to work extended hours in a standing position.
• May be required to become forklift operator certified.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.