Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Procurement Specialist in Shelton, Connecticut!
Trillium Technical is seeking a Procurement Specialist in the Shelton, CT area for a contract position. Pay will be based on experience. The NA OneSource Procurement Specialist is responsible for:
• Sourcing, negotiating, and procurement of service parts/materials in support of our OneSource Enterprise multi-vendor business.
• Execute purchasing procedures for the acquisition of parts and materials.
• Creation of new parts in the parts database.
• Supplier Management - ensuring good relationships with our suppliers while acting as an escalation path for supplier issues.
• Identification of new suppliers to meet the business’ needs.
Key Interfaces: Service Operations Team; Suppliers of Parts/Materials; Procurement Team
Key Behavioral Competencies:
• Deliver results - can be counted on to achieve goals; routinely pushes self and others for results.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team.
• Strong critical thinking/ analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong execution and follow through.
• Understands the voice of the internal and external customer. Considers impact of all actions on current and future customers.
If you’re interested in this Procurement Specialist opportunity and meet the qualifications, please apply today!
• Experience with sourcing and purchasing parts and/or supplies necessary to support operations.
• Experience with SAP, Lotus Notes and Excel.
• Ability to issue purchase orders and resolve problems that arise from nonconforming specifications and purchase order terms and conditions, poor service, late delivery, cancelled orders, improper invoicing, and managing back orders.
• Experience developing and publishing key reporting and metrics and price analysis.
• A proven record of strong negotiation skills and buying strategies.
• Solid understanding of vendor/supplier communications and best practices.
• Proven ability to ensure cost effective purchasing.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.