Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Powertrain Virtual Analysis Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan!
Trillium Technical is seeking a Powertrain Virtual Analysis Engineer in the Auburn Hills, MI area who will be responsible for performing durability and NVH assessment of transmission housing, mounting, transfer case, adapter, flex plate, torque converter, axles and other trans/ driveline components using virtual analysis tools. The engineer will work closely with transmissions / driveline release groups, powertrain integration, suppliers, offshore CAE teams and other functional groups to proactively identify issues, develop solutions and meet program performance objectives and timings.
The engineer will follow established methodologies, identify future improvements in analysis capability and document new analysis procedures. The chosen candidate will use commercial CAE tools such as, Hypermesh, Meshworks, Simlab, Abaqus and Nastran.
We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written as well as outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills. Pay will be based on experience.
If you’re interested in this Powertrain Virtual Analysis Engineer opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please apply today!
• Master of Science degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Chemical engineering, Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or Applied Physics from an ABET accredited university
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in engine performance analysis, engine flow and combustion or related areas
• Experience with engineering analysis tools for engine modeling and simulation (e.g. GTPower, Wave or Boost, Star CD, Converge, Fluent etc.)
• Demonstrated technical problem solving
• Experience in the following areas: Air path model development and simulation, Turbocharger system modeling, Sensor location, Catalyst light off strategies, Combustion system model development, Fast run model and real time model development for virtual control
• Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering
• Good overall knowledge of internal combustion engines, boosting systems, engine
• control systems, engine combustion and after treatment
• Experience in engine experimental/Dyno tests
• Good knowledge and experience in chemical kinetic mechanism
• Good skill in programming with commercial software (e.g. Visual Basic, Visual C++ or
• Matlab Simulink)
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.