Now hiring a Structural Engineer in Fenton, Michigan!
Trillium is seeking a Structural Engineer for our client in Fenton, MI who will be responsible for preparation of various structural designs, reports, layouts, details, calculations and documentation related to structural systems. The Structural Engineer is also responsible for providing technical direction to a team of mechanical & structural designers and detailers to ensure the efficient and successful completion of multiple projects. This includes interpretation and translation of customers’ requirements per the design specifications.
Candidates must be familiar with all industry practices, procedures, and concepts, ensuring that projects meet legal guidelines and regulations, health and safety regulations and environmental directives. This is a direct hire position and pay will be based on experience, $90,000 to $95,000 yearly.
• Perform structural analysis, design and documentation of projects involving interdisciplinary project teams for various types of structures including buildings, site structures, architectural features, etc. in various locations.
• Perform design and analysis for steel, concrete and masonry systems.
• Independently assess design requirements.
• Supervise the preparation of and coordinating of construction documents (drawings and specifications) to meet project requirements.
• Coordinate and communicate with other disciplines on projects.
• Assist with construction administration including site visits as required for observation, answer contractor questions, and review completed work.
• Perform proposal work; determine project scope and provide hours for discipline tasks.
• Experience as Structural lead, in addition to assisting other engineers, designers & detailers on projects.
• Prepare construction documents, technical specifications and design drawings.
• Check and review of shop detail fabrication drawings to ensure compliance with the structural design documents.
• Travel to customer project sites to perform field checks as required.
• Perform other associated duties as required and assigned.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates ability to work independently and with teams of multiple disciplines.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills for a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong work ethic and is highly motivated. Must be proactive and can work with minimal instruction.
If you’re interested in this direct hire Structural Engineer opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please apply today!
• Minimum of 7 Years of structural engineering experience.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil/Structural engineering. Master’s in Civil/Structural engineering is preferred.
• Registered professional engineer (P.E) (Preferred Not Required) or capable of becoming registered within 1 year (State of Michigan or reciprocal state).
• Experience with building and structural codes/standards. (AISC, ASCE, IBC, & AWS)
• Work experience with structural engineering analysis software such as RISA, ENERCALC, STAAD, RAM Structure/Element/Foundation & Mathcad.
• Familiar with 3-D modeling/detailing software including AutoCAD, AutoCAD 3D, Advance Steel, Tekla & SDS2 detailing software, Autodesk Inventor, Solid works and Navisworks.
• Familiar with design and analysis of platforms, support steel, material handling equipment and miscellaneous structural steel.
• Able to produce all required calculations both manually and by use of software.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) software.
• Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrates project organization and management skills.
• Thorough knowledge of support steel design and analysis.
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.