Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Mechanical Assembly Supervisor in Webberville, Michigan!
Trillium Staffing has a direct hire opportunity for a Mechanical Assembly Supervisor located at our client location in the Livingston County area. Candidate will supervise and provide support to the mechanical assembly team, and will work Monday-Friday. Salary will be based on experience.
Job responsibilities include:
• Lead daily production meetings to communicate goals and provide feedback on overall team performance
• Plan and direct production activities and establish assembly priorities for products in keeping with promised deliveries, effective operations and cost factors. This includes scheduling assembly staff work hours to meet company goals.
• Lead the development of work instructions, process and end user training
• Identify, develop, improve, and implement strategies to meet and exceed production targets
• Provide input to functional and technical elements of RFQs & RFPs
• Communicate company goals, safety practices, and deadlines to team
• Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials according to the established production schedule
• Analyze production data, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and take the actions required to meet department and company goals; Recommend and implement initiatives for continuous improvement
• Maintain quality standards, keeping track of product inventory and implement corrective action, as needed;
• Provide overall team development strategies through training, coaching, mentoring, counseling, and performance measurement
• Coach, inspire, and manage departmental talent, ensuring proper staffing levels, and compliance with HR policies and procedures
• Build and enhance relationships with internal teams and vendors, facilitating effective business partnerships and issue resolution.
• Responsible for organization and cleanliness of the assembly area
• May require travel to various sites regarding current and new opportunities and/or customer problems in the field
• Responsible for Safety, EMS and OSHA compliance for all assembly related employees and equipment
• Explain technology and product to both business and technical users.
• Perform additional tasks as deemed necessary and appropriate by management
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, leader, and a people-person
• Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate, and facilitate in group settings
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources is desired
• High level of analytical ability, applying sound technical knowledge to assist with development and implementation of corrective actions
If you’re interested in this direct hire Mechanical Assembly Supervisor opportunity and meet the qualifications, please apply today!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations Management, Engineering, or other closely related field; Equivalent experience considered
• Minimum of four (4) years of management or supervisory experience required
• 5+ year’s assembly/ manufacturing experience in automotive industry; machine building and/or automation/integration environment preferred
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite; SAP software experience preferred.
• Experience with plastic part design and assembly is required
• Available to travel within the U.S. on a regular basis as needed; occasional international travel
• Demonstrated experience managing production team members including initial hiring, skills assessment, performance management, career development, mentoring and coaching
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.