Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Fiber Splicer in Des Moines, Iowa!
Trillium Construction is seeking a Fiber Splicer in the Des Moines, IA area. The Fiber Splicer is responsible for splicing, terminating, bonding, grounding, documenting, and testing all fiber optic cables within fiber optic networks and their related equipment to provide maximum operating efficiency.
This is a first shift direct hire position offering $25-30/hour depending on experience. This is a traveling position working 3 weeks of travel, 1 week off. Per diem may be offered to those who qualify.
- Maintain and install CPE local area networks (LAN) and WiFi networks.
- Perform set up, testing, and maintenance for CPE installation of POTS, DSL and networking services.
- Maintain and install network interface devices (NID) and optical network terminals (ONT).
- Troubleshooting from the MDF to the demarcation point including CPE.
- Respond to trouble tickets within set time frame and company standards.
- Install OSP facilities according to engineered work orders or service orders.
- Routing preventative maintenance and major repairs to distribution systems.
- Perform fiber/cable splicing and testing.
- Locate buried copper and fiber optic cabling.
- Report and record all changes.
- Complete inventory replenish requests as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
If you’re interested in this direct hire Fiber Splicer opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please apply today!
- 5+ years’ related experience or training
- Trade School experience is preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Reliable transportation required
Trillium Construction Services has been recruiting and hiring construction and skilled trades talent for over 30 years. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.