Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Trillium Technical is now hiring a PACS System Administrator in Salem, Massachusetts!
The PACS Administrator, reporting to the Team Lead of Downstream Application Operations, is responsible for the maintenance and oversight of the computer technology systems utilized by the Radiology staff, to include but not limited to the administration of the picture archiving and communications system (McKesson PACS), attached modalities, CRA RiskApps, Radimetrics dose reporting, Mobile Aspects RFID tracking, PowerScribe 360 voice dictation, Lexmark Modlink, and additional ancillary information systems as relevant to sites: Salem, Union, MGH Danvers and satellite imaging centers. The PACS Administrator serves as a liaison between company and PHS IS departments and the Radiology service line for the purposes of assuring the computer technology systems operate efficiently with minimal disruption to operations.
The incumbent will have both on-site and off-site responsibilities as part of an on-call rotation to respond to, translate, communicate and escalate (when appropriate) any technology failures related to the Radiology service line computer applications. Likewise, the PACS Administrator serves as an educational resource to Radiology service line personnel communicating any new changes to existing computer technology systems as a result of new build/enhancement/upgrades, feedback from staff, and/or a reported patient safety event.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• See everyone as worthy of respect and attention.
• Design care and services for and with each patient.
• Recognize that patients see quality service as quality care.
• Make it a priority to assist patients, visitors and colleagues.
• Take advantage of learning and growth opportunities.
• Understand organizational goals and priorities.
• Understands and adheres to Medical Centers’ compliance standards as they appear in Corporate Compliance Policies, Code of Conduct, and company’s Policies.
• Professional, keep abreast of all pertinent federal, state and Company regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
• Coordinates the implementation of any new and upgraded system software and hardware for Radiology service line in accordance with PHS/ IS project initiation and fulfillment processes.
• Assists the Director, Radiology Managers, Clinical Engineering and staff in collaboration with Company and PHS IS personnel with the inventorying and assessment of potential new and upgraded modalities, and the respective build and testing considerations relative to the current state workflows at the various Radiology locations. Utilizes IT standards and best practices when deploying industry standard protocols such as DICOM and DMWL.
• Participates as a member of /PHS IS in on-call and troubleshooting activities as directed and assigned.
• Participates as a member in meetings as required (e.g. IS Staff Meeting, Radiology Council, etc.)
• Adheres to PHS IT policies as defined in Archer.
• Other duties as assigned.
If you’re interested in this PACS System Administrator opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please apply today!
• Required: Strong analytical and communication skills; proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office 365 suite (Word, Excel, Skype, PowerPoint), Access and Visio; confidence when intervening with professionals and non-professionals; ability to anticipate and assess teaching needs of all Radiology personnel as they relate to computer system technology. Knowledge of DICOM, TCP/IP.
• Preferred: Knowledge of HL7 and XDS-I
• Required: Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a clinical environment.
• Preferred: Background in Radiology computer system technology, particularly McKesson PACS installations.
• Required: Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years’ experience working within a clinical Radiology or IS department
• Preferred: Additional degree related to computer science or systems technology preferred; or considerable related experience required.
Licensure, Certifications, or Registration:
• Required: None
• Preferred: CIIP, CPSA, CPAS, CDIP, RT
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.