Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Diesel Mechanic in Peoria, Arizona!
Come join an amazing team of close to 1,100 employees dedicated to providing Excellence on Every Level! Trillium Construction is seeking a Diesel Mechanic for a direct hire opportunity in the Peoria, AZ area!
The Diesel Mechanic will perform all maintenance and repair functions on all equipment per company policy and DOT regulations. The Mechanic must have the ability to perform general maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting on various types of trucks and equipment. General understanding of diesel engines, gas powered engines, hydraulics, electrical systems, and pumps. Knowledge of drilling rigs and equipment preferred. In addition, flexibility with the ability to multi-task and prioritize, as well as organizational skills are required as there are a variety of requests made on a daily basis of this person. A positive attitude, along with a willingness to help other employees, is required. The ability to work in a team environment without supervision is necessary for success.
Pay is negotiable around $25-$30/hour, depending on experience. Mechanic will work 40 hours minimum each week, first shift, with significant chance for 50+ hours.
• Review all repair request forms, make suggestions, obtain pricing, and discuss options with the Shop Manager, if necessary, for completing the repair
• Repair and maintain all drill rigs, trucks, trailers and other equipment
• Complete paperwork for all repairs and maintenance and maintain records
• Perform 90 day and annual inspections on all drill rigs, trucks, trailers and other equipment. Complete the inspections in accordance with DOT regulations
• Inspect and diagnose physical conditions of equipment on a regular basis to ensure safety standards are met
• Manages and directs field testing for all completed work requests, communicating end results to initial requestor and Shop Supervisor or Operations Manager
• Maintain proper notification and documentation of all vehicles down time, fixes and resolutions-maintaining files appropriately
• Requisition of materials, parts, and supplies
• Responsible for keeping rig and equipment in good working order and condition
• Document exceptions and forward to the Administrative Assistant to enter in the computer
• Use diagnostic equipment
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Performs all duties in compliance safety practices, policies, procedures and government regulations
• Complete other duties and projects as assigned
What we offer:
• Comprehensive training and flexible career paths
• Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
• Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
• Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
• Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
• Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
• License Bonuses / Tuition Reimbursement
• Charitable Donation Match
If you’re interested in this direct hire Diesel Mechanic opportunity, please apply today!
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• CDL A preferred
• At least three years of mechanical experience with an emphasis on heavy equipment and tractor repair
• Ability to lift up to 60 pounds throughout the day
• Proficient understanding of hydraulics, diesel engines, welding and fabrication
• Proof of mechanical training, classes, and certification
• Knowledge of DOT regulations
• Ability to work overtime and various shifts
• Knowledge of power/hand tools and diagnostic equipment
• Read and understand manufacture repair manuals
• Computer competency
Trillium Environmental has been recruiting and hiring workers in the environmental industry for over 30 years. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.