Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Trillium Technical is now hiring an Intermediate Database Administrator in Providence, Rhode Island!
Our client will be delivering support to the RealJobs application modules and is in need of an Intermediate Database Administrator. The purpose of this solicitation is to hire an Intermediate Database Administrator with a background in Cloud technologies and system and application lifecycle management.
The role and responsibilities of the Intermediate Database Administrator include, but are not limited to:
• The Intermediate Database Administrator is responsible for engaging with the vendor to identify initiation requirements and communicate them to stakeholders.
• Must work with agency resources to create and maintain priorities, bug fixes, and enhancement implementation needed.
• Act as the direct link between the implementation vendor and client during the delivery of the activities in support of systems. Intermediate Database Administrator is expected to communicate in a timely fashion, using the appropriate medium in a professional manner.
• Responsible for resource scheduling, reporting, and performance management of all resources assigned of the activities in support of systems. This includes working with stakeholders to ensure proper scheduling of resources, as well as ensuring that deliverables meet established quality standards and that resources stay within allocated blocks of hours.
• Weekly project status reporting to various internal and external stakeholders, on the topics of Schedule, Scope, Budget, Risks, Issues, and Action Items Experience
• Coordination of deployments and upgrades by communicating with Agency Information Managers, Agency liaison, Staff and Agency Leadership
• Develop training assets and programs for end users leveraging partnerships and investments with vendors and technology
• Create repeatable playbook used throughout the deployment to include detailed steps, tasks and timelines
• Exhibit leadership characteristics: strong communication skills, full understanding of internal policies, time management and customer focus
• Lead and conduct meetings according to activities
• Brief project sponsorship and Division of Information Technology Leadership on a regular basis throughout life of project
• Produce detailed meeting notes to include date/time and task responsibilities and next steps
• Provide a detailed deployment schedule including vendor supplied resources on site, dates, times, locations and Units being deployed.
• Direct teams to manage deliverables for various support activities including:
- Mitigation Plan for missing data after upgrade o Weekly status reports (Schedule, Scope, Budget, Risks, Issues, and Action Items)
- Weekly status meetings o Vendor engagement(s) for milestone and work plan development for upgrade and support implementation
- Request and align State resources as required for implementation
- Collect and document relevant product policies, procedures and guidelines
If you are interested in this Intermediate Database Administrator position, please apply today!
• Experience with AWS/Cloud Native Applications
• Experience with any RDBMS - MySQL favored
• Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools and practices
• NoSQL database
• Envelope encryption MPA 230 Intermediate Database Administrator 3
• Terraform Experience
• Experience with Microsoft SQL databases (including scripting, best practices for maintaining database servers, and upgrading database version to align with best practices)
• Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems (both server and workstation)
• Experience with IBM DB2 databases (including scripting, best practices for maintaining database servers, and upgrading database version to align with best practices)
• Familiarity with the ITIL Framework business acumen, and ability to communicate in a timely and professional manner with employees at all levels of organizations.
• Possess the self-efficacy and confidence needed to fuel a personal tenacity in relentlessly following up with action items at all levels in the organization.
• Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation.
• Punctuality, reliability, and a strong work ethic, with the ability to self-manage a must.
• Background in software development lifecycle and managing Agile development engagements a plus.
• Experience with collecting, analyzing and reporting accurate information and data within tight deadlines a plus.
• Strong skills in collaborating with other team members
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with multiple vendors.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.