Now hiring a Welder/Fabricator in Decatur, Illinois!
Trillium Staffing is seeking a Welder/Fabricator in Decatur, Illinois for a temp-to-hire position. Starting pay is $20/hour and will go up with experience. Work schedule is Monday-Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm with possible Saturday overtime. Interested candidates must have minimum 5 years welding and fabricating experience and/or AWS certification. Must also have resume showing solid work experience.
1. Be able to read and interpret blueprints and engineering plans
2. Fabricate Metal Objects by laying out, cutting, and fitting, measuring and welding metals to create the desired shape or object.
3. Constantly inspect and test welds and equipment for durability.
4. Perform detailed quality checks to ensure that it meets all standards and requirements. Document work and results, and keep records or labor and materials used.
5. Use a variety of tools to work with metal. Operate cutting saws to cut various metals, and weld and grind and grand fabricated structures to meet structural requirements.
6. Use a shear machine, metal roller, a larger cutter .208 and 480 amp MIG Welder.
If you’re interested in this Welder/Fabricator position, please apply today!
1. Must have minimum 5 years welding and fabricating experience and/or AWS certification
2. Ability to understand oral and written instructions of a technical nature (blueprints, engineering plans)
3. Ability to operate different tools and to troubleshoot equipment problems
4. Endurance to stand for approximately 7.5 hours or more each day
5. Strength and flexibility to lift and move 50 to 75 pounds manually
6. Ability and willingness to follow directions
7. Ability to pass pre-employment screenings
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.