Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring Electronic Assembly Workers in Kalamazoo, Michigan!
Trillium Staffing is seeking Electronic Assembly Workers in the Kalamazoo area. This position is 1st Shift Monday-Friday, 6:00AM-3:30PM. Saturday overtime is 5:00AM-11:00AM. This is a temp to hire opportunity, and pay is $13.50+/hour, based on experience.
The candidate assembles electrical boxes and electrical panels for chillers and heat exchanger packages. Checks and confirms work in accordance with job specifications, procedures, quality standards and checklists. We are looking for someone who has the ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment and the ability to follow directions in standard practices and procedures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Read and interpret bills of materials (BOM) and blueprints
• Check the parts against the bill of material to confirm that all parts are received and correct; check serial numbers, voltage, phase, etc.
• Understand and develop the layout of electrical boxes and panels
• Mount and wire electrical components to the panel
• Drill and punch holes in box and panel as necessary
• Check dimensions and wire locations according to print
• Pull wires to ensure connections are tight
• Safely operate forklift and/or other lift equipment
• Observe all company rules and policies, i.e. safety, attendance
• Participate and work in a team atmosphere
• Maintain high productivity and quality workmanship
• Suggest design and procedure improvements that improve quality, productivity, and reduce cost
• May be asked to serve on various committees
• Responsible for keeping work area(s) clean and free of clutter during work time and at the end of shift 5S time
• Participate in department SQDCM meetings
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Work Environment is a skilled manufacturing shop; exposure to moderate amount of dust, dirt and noise; ambient air temperature fluctuates seasonally.
If you’re interested in this Electronic Assembly Worker position, please apply today!
• Ability to read, write and do simple math
• Good mechanical ability
• Ability to accurately read tape measure
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and bills of material
• Ability to safely and properly use soldering guns and soldering irons
• Ability to size wire
• Ability to safely and properly use a wide variety of hand and power tools
• Ability to safely and properly use a forklift and/or other lift equipment
• Experience working with motor controls
• Physical and visual acuity at a level to effectively perform duties. Be able to stand for long periods of time, sit, bend, squat and kneel. Be able to push or pull at least 50 pounds and be able to safely lift at least 40 pounds. Be able to reach and work over head
• Must have high school diploma with some post high school vocational training or a combination of experience and training sufficient to perform the job duties
- Ability to pass pre-employment screenings
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.