Now hiring Electrical Instrumentation and Controls Technicians in Reno, Nevada!
Trillium Construction is seeking Electrical Instrumentation and Controls Technicians for permanent positions. Pay for this position is $22.50 to $46.96/hour, depending on experience and location. Relocation costs are negotiable and available. Hours and days will vary.
This position is responsible for installing, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing low and high voltage electrical equipment. Locations for this work would be in one of the following locales: Northern Nevada, Hawaii, and Mammoth California.
• Observe and follow plant environmental and operational rules, procedures and guidelines.
• Strictly adhere to and enforce safety procedures as required by the company, CAPP, and OSHA.
• Install, test, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair low and high voltage electrical equipment.
• Install and calibrate analog and discrete instrumentation and control valves.
• Perform voltage, current and arc flash calculations.
• Perform arc flash calculations.
• Calibrate and use test equipment associated with the power plant electrical and safety systems.
• Perform corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance tasks as required.
• Provide recommendations for reliability improvements.
• Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for continuous period of time and read and understand maps.
• Must be able to work weekends and/or holidays when necessary.
• Must be able to work overtime as required.
• Must be able to travel extensively to other locations, including rural areas to work on other projects.
• Perform environmental and general housekeeping duties.
• Attend Monthly Safety and Maintenance training.
• Perform other duties as directed.
• The ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions and 50 pounds from the floor to the waist.
• Must be able to climb ladders, climb to and work off of elevated platforms, ladders and walkways.
• Must be able to work in confined spaces and in harsh weather conditions.
• Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties
• Job requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time with moderate bending, stooping, and kneeling.
If you’re interested in this Electrical Instrumentation and Controls Technician opportunity, please apply today!
• The ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the areas of assignment as would be acquired in three to four years of high school.
• Three (3) years of experience in the power generation or similar process industries.
• Hands-on experience in operations, maintenance and project implementation related to power production, turbine-generators, auxiliary equipment, power and control systems.
• The ability to read process control documentation such as process flow diagrams, control logic block diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, electrical schematics, circuit diagrams and wiring diagrams.
• Ability to methodically troubleshoot electrical and control systems.
• Must have the ability to read, write and speak English at a level that will permit the employee to understand and communicate information in a manner that will enable the employee to safely and efficiently perform the job duties.
• Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet.
• Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to company’s auto insurance carrier.
• Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner.
• Able to pass pre-employment screenings.
Trillium Construction Services has been recruiting and hiring construction and skilled trades talent for over 30 years. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.