Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Trillium Technical is now hiring a Senior Environmental Engineer in Battle Creek, Michigan!
The Engineer will work in a cross Functional safety and Environmental team, covering the full spectrum of compliance, systems conformance and Sustainability programs. Specific duties will vary to match the skill and development of the entire team. As such, corporate projects and support are included within the assignment.
The range of duties will run from program management and planning, project leadership and specific and routine tasks. The primary assignment will include the management of a wide-ranging Waste management, recycling and sustainability program.
The nature of the position requires superior problem-solving mindset and a strong chemistry background.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Supports all elements of a comprehensive Environmental programs for a large multi-site campus, with an emphasis on waste and water programs.
• Directs environmental compliance and performance functions in accordance with regulations and corporate compliance policies.
• Monitor, guide and direct plant programs and projects toward compliance of State, Federal and local Environmental regulations.
• Will support and serve as the lead individual for regulatory agency inspections, corporate reviews and community liaison functions.
• Strong role in the implementation and improvement of all elements of a progressive ISO 14001 management system.
• Will promote and lead activities for effective corrective or preventive measures and continual improvement, with a focus on waste, pollution prevention and sustainability.
• Sustainability activities to include annual planning, project development, identifying risks and opportunities, tracking and reporting metrics locally and globally.
• Develops, implements and maintains training program for all individuals, that ensures compliance and understanding.
• Ensures timely submittal of all regulatory reports. (Tier II, TRI, MI MAERS, etc.)
• Experience in wastewater pretreatment systems an asset.
• Knowledge & experience implementing Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans & Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plans and other Emergency Planning requirements.
• Supports staff and programs at other Thermal Division sites and North American corporate program.
• Common tasks include project leadership, associate communications and direction, evaluating applicability of Environmental regulations, KPI tracking, regulatory reporting, record keeping, training, internal auditing, incident management, implementing corrective actions and the promotion of continual improvement.
If you’re interested in this Senior Environmental Engineer position and meet the qualifications below, please apply today!
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Environmental focused)
• 3+ years relevant experience
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.