Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Trillium Technical is now hiring a Technical Account Executive in Germantown, Maryland!
The Technical Account Executive (also known as Technical Sales Rep.) needs to understand and be conversant in technology and not rely on a Sales Engineer. Candidates must live or want to live in the DC/Maryland/Northern VA area and be willing to commute to the Germantown office. Out of area travel is typically a couple of trips a month depending on pipeline and prospect location. No formal sales quotas, no assigned territories or cold prospecting are required to establish pipeline; presently healthy organic lead flow. Sales cycle is 6-9 months+ given the technical nature of the sale. Compensation is base plus commission and earned commissions paid upfront within 30 days of signing.
The best candidates will have cloud infrastructure experience selling compute/storage in the cloud; good understanding of virtualized computing and networking; capable of developing an initial solution diagram in Visio without using a Sales Engineer.
If you’re interested in this Technical Account Executive position and meet the qualifications below, please apply today!
• 5+ years in a technical sales/account executive role with a focus on Cloud and/or co-location/hosting/managed services especially that run on diverse environments outside intel (a plus)
• Knowledge of disaster recovery (including Disaster Recovery as a Service) a plus
• Must be conversant in Cloud concepts (IaaS, BaaS), virtualization (VMware, HyperV), storage (NetApp, EMC, etc.) and backup technologies like Veeam, Zerto, Commvault or NetBackup
• Understanding of networking types, architectures and protocols, including WAN, VPN, TCP/IP
• Familiarity with multi-platform environments – meaning more than windows – to include at a minimum Open Systems (Linux, AIX), IBM iSeries and mainframe (zOS) (a plus).
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.