Now hiring a Broadband Technician in Iowa City, Iowa!
Trillium Construction is seeking a Broadband Technician who will be responsible for installation, changes, and disconnects for residential business customers for cable TV services, POTS services, IPTV, and high-speed internet services. The technician will also be expected to perform troubleshooting and repair services from the CATV tap, fiber terminal, or the ONT to consumers electronic devices.
- Perform maintenance and routine troubleshooting calls.
- Perform installations, troubleshoot and repair cable, telephone, and data services.
- Maintain optimum operating specs throughout the whole system.
- Troubleshoot distribution issues from the LCP cabinet and CPE.
- Perform installation troubleshooting and repair for new connects, disconnects, upgrades, downgrades, and relocates.
- Educate customer on proper use of services.
- Use RF signal level meter and leakage test equipment.
- Use optical power meter and other optical test equipment.
- Use of telephony test equipment.
- Splice aerial/underground coaxial/fiber and equipment to restore to specifications.
- Repair and replace damaged aerial/underground plant.
- Assist with training of new employees.
- PC upgrades.
- Promote cable, internet, and company services.
- Maintains and keeps accurate records and logs.
This is a first shift direct hire position offering $17-$20 an hour depending on experience. Relocation benefits may apply to those who qualify.
If you’re interested in this Broadband Technician opportunity, please apply today!
- 1-5 years’ experience with Telecom and CATV installation and maintenance.
- Ability to install and maintain CMN telecom services including T-1 and POTS.
- Ability to install and maintain PC hardware and software.
- OSP Experience is a plus.
- Valid drivers’ license and satisfactory driving record.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Trillium Construction Services has been recruiting and hiring construction and skilled trades talent for over 30 years. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have any questions about this position Click Here.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.