Now hiring a Field Embedded Software Engineer for direct-hire in Bingham Farms!
Trillium Technical is now seeking a Field Embedded Software Engineer for direct-hire placement.
• The Field Embedded Software Engineer is will provide software support, integration and troubleshooting in the field as customers integrate low level drivers into their applications. The application domain is for powertrain control modules, i.e. transmission, engine, and hybrid ECU’s that use 32-bit single and multi-core microcontrollers.
• Embedded software design at the microprocessor register level, electrical circuits, and vehicle powertrain systems particularly with respect to powertrain control modules, sensors, and actuators.
• Will design embedded software as needed with typical deliverables being test software, embedded reprogramming kernels, instrumentation calibration device drivers.
• Work with the software design teams located in various locations globally to support requirements, design, coding, verification, and validation.
• Ensure that requirements are clearly understood by the design team, support and answer customer questions about company software design, and release software deliverables to the customer.
• Troubleshoot software issues on-site with the customer, ensure that requirements are being satisfied, and present company software validation results to the customer.
• Software bench and development vehicle level testing. Document root cause analysis activities and monitor their progress to successful conclusion.
• May need to travel to production plants for support as needed.
If you’re interested in this direct-hire opportunity for a Field Embedded Software Engineer, please apply today!
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Electronics, Electrical or related Engineering technical area.
• Seven years minimum Embedded C software programming, Assembly, and scripting languages.
• Must have low level driver experience such as ADC, PWM, GPIO, timer modules, SPI, SCI, LIN, CAN-FD, SENT, DMA, external bus interfaces, memory management units, ECC, flash memory, etc.
• Automotive component test experience. EMI and EMC Testing experience.
• Powertrain control ECU experience is required.
• Strong customer interfacing experience and be able to work independently.
• 32-bit automotive multi-core microcontroller experience. Infineon, Renesas, NXP.
• Communication Protocols. CAN, CANFD, LIN, SENT, Ethernet. UDS, GMLAN, FNOS, J1939.
• Experience with design specifications and detailed software documentation.
• Debuggers and emulation tools, CAN interface tools and other serial communication interfaces is required.
• ETAS or ATI calibration tools and real time OS kernels are a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• MS Office and Lotus Notes are required.
• Must be able to travel internationally and domestically as needed.
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.