Now hiring a Torch Cutter/General Laborer in Decatur, Illinois!
Trillium is seeking a Torch Cutter in the Decatur, IL area. The selected candidate in this position will cut scrap metal into prescribed sizes for further processing or direct shipment to customers. This job will require the torcher to have the agility to move about the yard and among the large pieces of metal. In addition, the employee will need the stamina to stand in the yard and work with the torch for approximately 7.5 hours each day.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday 6-8 hours of OT as needed. Pay is $11.00 hour. This is a temp-to-hire opportunity.
1. Use a torch to cut specified lengths of metal
2. Recognize different types of materials as they are processed (will train)
3. Recognize operational problems and report them to the supervisor
4. Assist in the maintenance of the equipment used in the performance of the job
5. Steel toe boots must be worn on site at all times
1. Unblemished work and attendance record
2. The agility to climb in and around all shapes and sizes of metal for torching
3. The endurance to stand in the yard for approximately 7.5 hours each day
4. The strength and flexibility to lift and move up to 50 pounds manually
5. The ability and willingness to follow directions
1. A working knowledge of the torch and how to use it effectively
2. Must be alert at all times
3. The ability to visually estimate lengths
4. The ability to recognize potential hazards
5. An extensive knowledge of the safety requirements of the job
If you’re interested in this Torch Cutter position, please apply today!
1. Previous torch experience is desired
2. 1 month safety training in torch operations
3. High school diploma or equivalent
4. Basic math skills
5. Forklift experience preferred but will train
6. The endurance to stand in the yard for approximately 7.5 hours each day
7. The strength and flexibility to lift and move up to 50 pounds manually
8. Ability to pass pre-employment screenings
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.