Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Trillium Technical is now hiring a Senior Project Manager – Technical Lead in Boston, Massachusetts!
The Senior Project Manager – Technical Lead is accountable for delivering projects on time, on budget and on quality. In particular, he/she will be responsible for scoping and planning several technical Disaster Recovery (DR), and Technology Refresh projects and then managing them from definition through deployment.
The DR projects will entail design, implementation and upgrade of the existing hardware infrastructure, and also preparing operational processes, procedures and governance models. Design and implementation will be performed by one or more outside vendors.
Technology Refresh projects will entail upgrading or replacing various infrastructure systems as a function of technology advances or impending end-of-life. Technology Refresh projects could involve switch replacements, network redesign, operating system upgrades and desktop replacements.
He/She is required to have recent significant experience managing IT DR projects for medium-scale enterprises and infrastructure technology refreshes
He/She should have deep understanding of infrastructure technology in general and DR in particular, especially current state-of-the-art concepts, practices, application suites, hardware platforms (i.e. VMWare, HP, storage, network), implementation matters, operations, and transitioning to the future state. His/her thorough understanding of complex technical scenarios and requirements will be needed to effectively manage the projects, to propose alternate strategies and directions when necessary, and to overcome obstacles when encountered.
He/She is required to have deep experience managing outside vendors with a recent, proven track record of managing them to successful project completion.
• Perform with a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
• Lead the definition of the project scope, project management/SDLC approach, milestones, tasks, deliverables and resource requirements with specific focus on IT Disaster Recovery (DR).
• Establish a communication strategy in partnership with the business, IT sponsors and effectively communicate project related information to team members, IT management, and customers throughout the project life cycle.
• Develop and maintains project plans, status reports, risk and issue logs, budget/ongoing project forecast of resources and materials and other project related artifacts.
• Effectively negotiate project resource needs and competing priorities with IT and PMO resource managers
• Create and execute strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
• Manage, assess, and negotiate project scope changes and identify dependencies.
• Ensure that assigned projects are conducted in compliance with all department standards, policies, and guidelines. Apply appropriate levels of tailoring to meet project-specific needs, while still operating within the standard project management framework.
• Efficiently identify and resolve project issues.
• Escalate issues that require executive, management or business attention.
• Manage vendor performance and drive deliverables to meet agreed upon target dates and levels of quality,
• Ensure business engagement throughout the project, project decision making, managing scope/budget changes, business requirements elicitation and prioritization, acceptance testing, training, etc.
If you’re interested in this Senior Project Manager – Technical Lead position and meet the qualifications below, please apply today!
• Minimum of 10 years Project Management experience in IT Infrastructure projects
• BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related degree
• Knowledge of basic application, operational and infrastructure DR principles and guidelines
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills as well as customer relationship management
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Professionally handling sensitive and confidential situations
• Proven experience in negotiating and organizing project deliverables and timing within a complex business environment in order to manage stakeholder’s expectations
• Demonstrated experience with various SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Kanban, etc.)
• Recent, real-world experience in medium-size, complex, mission-critical IT DR and technology refresh implementations
• Ability to drive projects to completion
• Demonstrated experience managing projects that involve specification of infrastructure hardware and software, installation of infrastructure hardware and software, design and configuration of data replication, and network architecture
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple outside vendor contracts, relationships and deliverables
• PMP Certification is desirable, but not required
• Prior experience on projects with federal, state or local government is desirable, but not required
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.