Now hiring a Commercial Superintendent in Dublin, Virginia!
Trillium Environmental is currently hiring for a Commercial Superintendent in Dublin, VA! Qualified candidates with be working for a large construction company that specializes in commercial, residential, and municipal projects. In this position, you’ll be responsible for the field operations in order to achieve the safe, high quality, timely, and profitable completion of the project.
This position is temporary and is anticipated to end in December of this year, or until the project is completed. It is a first shift, Monday-Saturday, position with plenty of overtime opportunities. Pay for this position in $35-$45 per hour, depending upon experience.
- Creation of the project schedule and production rates.
- Perform detailed quantity takeoffs of Construction Documents and Interim documents and assist in estimating cost of work.
- Work with the Project Manager to set procedures for document control and perform documents control.
- Assist in development of scopes of work, bid package development and solicit subcontractors and suppliers, including review of subcontractor proposals and scope review.
- Work with the Project Executive and Project Manager in development of the Safety Plan, Quality Controls Plan, Site Logistics Plan, Project Schedule and Cost Control System.
- Coordinate subcontractor daily activities, project deliveries and craft personnel.
- Document quality and progress of each Subcontractor and Supplier.
- Perform detailed quality control checks and write the associated quality control reports.
- Participate and manage the QCM process of Preparatory, Initial and final inspections.
- Develop and manage the Re-Work List, Completion List, Pre-Final Punch List, and Punch List.
- Gain knowledge in reviewing shop drawings, project submittals, and product data sheets.
- Development of Activity Hazard Analysis and perform daily safety inspections.
- Coordinate site logistics plans and assist in management of the delivery log and check in all deliveries.
- Setting and maintaining layout control on the jobsite.
- Update the project schedule monthly, two week and four week look short interval schedules.
- Update Subcontractors and Suppliers of any changes to the plans, specifications and/or schedule.
- Assist in the completion of punch lists as necessary.
- Prepare complete, accurate, and timely submittal logs for construction projects based on project drawings and specifications.
- Receive approved submittals from Architect or Engineer and notifying the Project Manager of potential schedule impact.
- Assist in completion of all required project close-out documents per contract in a timely manner
- Distribute contract documents to subcontractors, including drawings, specifications, and general conditions.
- Distribute final requirement documentation to subcontractors and bookkeeper
- Take accurate and complete meeting minutes and distribute timely
- Proactively manage project to achieve quality, schedule, budget and safety. Utilize and maintain tools: schedule and document management to track and record project performance.
If you’re interested in this Commercial Superintendent opportunity, please apply today!
- High School Diploma or GED required, bachelors degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management preferred
- OSHA 10 Certification required, OSHA 30 preferred
- 10 years of previous experience as Assistant Superintendent or Superintendent in the commerical construction industry required
- Experience in being a Superintendent on a ground up project required
- Ability to travel an average of 50% of the time
- Ability to walk, stand, and climb for 8+ hours a day
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and operate equipment
- Ability to work at heights, over water, and in confined spaces
- Ability to pass all pre-employment screenings
Trillium Environmental has been recruiting and hiring workers in the environmental industry for over 30 years. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have any questions about this position Click Here.
Contact Us if you have any questions
Jobs close to this one
One moment please while we grab your information.