Now hiring a Backend Software Engineer in Southfield, Michigan!
Trillium Technical is seeking a Backend Software Engineer to join our client’s Mobility engineering team. The Mobility team is building the cloud platform for next generation of Connected Car technology. It will also deliver new services to our customers, simplifying the car sharing experience. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build backend systems that can process requests from our Telematics devices and various consumer/enterprise apps.
What you’ll be doing:
• Define strategic direction for the platform.
• Develop, build and run our cloud backend using modern technologies and frameworks.
• Drive architecture decisions with your expertise in containerization, micro-service architecture and cloud platforms.
• Scale the platform and build out new features.
• Develop APIs for client services and vehicle communication.
• Collaborate closely with our front-end development team and other stakeholders.
• Create documentation to showcase work and support external and internal customers.
If you’re interested in this Backend Software Engineer opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please apply today!
• Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a software engineer
• Experience with server-side development especially Node.js.
• Experience developing, releasing, and supporting backend code.
• Solid understanding of REST and building scalable APIs.
• Experience with all levels of testing (unit, integration and acceptance) and related frameworks.
• Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment.
• Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cosmos DB).
• Familiarity with PaaS and SaaS (AWS, Heroku, Azure, Google Cloud).
• Ability and willingness to delegate work to and mentor Co-op, junior, and mid-level developers.
• MS in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering.
• 8+ years of experience developing backend services.
• DevOps experience, especially with AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, and Postgres
• Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cosmos DB)
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.