Trillium Technical is now hiring a Manager Network Engineer in Dorchester, Massachusetts!
The Manager Network Engineer is responsible for Managing LAN/WLAN/WAN network infrastructure which includes maintaining router, switch, wireless, video, unified communications hardware and network management server configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network/system problems; coordinating with vendors for installation of network hardware and systems, and project implementation.
Maintains budget oversight for hardware purchases as well as service contracts and maintenance agreements.
Performs staff reviews, as well as hiring decisions regarding direct reports.
Works with other members of Management, network and security engineers, system administrators, systems analysts, support center staff, technicians, vendors, and users relating to applications associated with a production-computing environment.
• Responsible for maintaining the network infrastructure. This includes maintaining router, switch, wireless, unified communications hardware and network management server configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network/system problems; coordinating with vendors for installation of network hardware and systems, and project implementation.
• Performs installation and maintenance of network electronics, software, and solutions.
• Recommends hardware and software acquisitions to meet projected demands.
• Adheres to problem resolution and escalation procedures, documenting, and responding to all related system problems and resolving them on a timely basis.
• Notifies Senior Management of problem areas and develops backup strategy and emergency plans.
• Keeps abreast of industry trends and changes in network software and hardware technologies in order to improve current service levels.
• Manages hardware, IP, and leased line inventories. Ensures appropriate service contracts [for vendor support] are maintained.
• Off hours availability for emergencies and change windows is required.
• Performs regular on-call duties as scheduled
If you’re interested in this Manager Network Engineer opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please apply today!
• Four-year college degree.
• Five to seven years of professional experience in a medium to large size organization with complex networks.
• Preferred industry certifications include: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or other Cisco certification
• Experience with Cisco network products, and Network Management Systems is required.
• Experience with Cisco VOIP products is desirable.
• Proficiency in a scripting language such as Perl is desirable.
• Experience with Unix (especially FreeBSD and Linux) is desirable.
• Ability to troubleshoot network/system related issues and manage components in a production environment is critical.
• Ability to prioritize projects and daily work-flow.
• Ability to communicate effectively (including Senior Management) using written and oral formats.
• Good teamwork skills.
• Ability to plan and be proactive in approach.
• Must possess the ability to solve problems creatively.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret applicable technical documentation, system reports, software licenses and contracts.
• Ability to deploy and manage complex internet facing infrastructures.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.