Now hiring a Project Engineer in Fenton, Michigan!
Trillium has a direct hire opportunity for a Project Engineer in the Fenton, MI area.
• Develop manufacturing processes and assure product quality by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling mechanical/electrical components, and soliciting observation from operators.
• Responsibility for the creation/modification of 3D and 2D CAD data, product documents and bills of materials under applicable CAD software, or data management systems, while meeting the intent of the customers’ design requirements.
• Support of project management in project schedule coordination.
• Confirm systems and components capabilities by designing testing methods and properties.
• Work on various projects with time deadlines within various industries.
• Assist in manufacturing of products and process optimization.
• May assist in performing unique set-ups, trouble-shooting mechanical or electrical problems, or demonstrating proper machine operations.
• Checks and evaluate inspection data. May use inspection tools or instruments to check quality.
• Maintain an excellent relationship with internal and/or external customers and delivering to their expectations.
• Present and explain proposals, reports and findings to management, peers and clients.
• Ensure that all legal and regulated obligations, (e.g., OSHA, building codes), for the company, from an Engineering and Design standpoint, are met and act as needed to ensure the actions of the company and its employees meet all federal, state or local laws and regulations.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Ability to support mechanical design and detailing of the products starting with the proposal up to the end of life phase.
• Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate opinions to implement solutions.
• Ability to read blueprints and operate engineering software such as Auto-Cad/Solidworks 2017, with strong knowledge and experience with forming, machining, and welding principles.
• Have a comprehensive hands-on solid understanding of all contract documents, designs, specifications, etc., not limited to machining and assembly knowledge.
• Strong Math skills to ensure understanding of project related budgetary considerations, coupled with strong reading and listening skills.
• Ability to communicate and interface with colleagues, to effectively cooperate with sales, estimating, project management, engineering and manufacturing group personnel.
• Support manufacturing department with product development and testing.
• Ability to manage and communicate effectively with peers.
• Proven record of ensuring compliance with design and equipment.
If you’re interested in this Project Engineer opportunity, please apply today!
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Structural Engineering or Science related discipline, required. Equivalent experience considered.
Experience: Prefer three to six (3-6) years of concurrent Mechanical Engineering Experience. This experience will be coupled with significant Manufacturing Floor knowledge within the Mechanical, Structural and HVAC Industries. A strong desire to have knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methods. Knowledge of Welding, Tool Room Management, Piping and Industrial Manufacturing desired. Equivalent experience considered.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.