Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Senior Mechanical Engineer in Fenton, Michigan!
Trillium has a direct hire opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer in the Fenton, MI area. The Senior Mechanical Engineer leads the design and process of HVAC systems, conveyors and related equipment; ensures the engineering team and other manufacturing departments work together. Leads and checks the work of assigned manufacturing engineers and project engineers.
• Analyze and design HVAC systems, conveyors, and miscellaneous structural steel components, within each phase of the process
• Check design and drawings for accuracy and compliance to company / industry standards
• Support detailed analysis of designs to understand and document manufacturing problems
• Equipment component selections
• Investigate and improve product design issues
• Research and evaluate purchased mechanical systems, products and components
• Ensure all manufacturing safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times
• Oversee implementing best practices for efficient assembly and high-quality product delivery
• Ensure vendors / subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications
• Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the engineering process
• Able to assist in reducing cost through re-engineering product/material
• Support of project management and project schedule coordination
• Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling mechanical/electrical components, and soliciting observation from operators
• Provide on-going support and engineering expertise for all departments and management personnel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have a strong understanding of mechanical and electrical principles and demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting models, assembly and piece part drawings
• Manufacturing floor knowledge within the mechanical, HVAC and structural industries
• Knowledge of welding
• Knowledge of Solidworks, Navisworks, AutoCad, Inventor, Microsoft Office
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
• Capable of performing tasks and duties with limited supervision
• Excellent computer skills
• Knowledge of Tool Room Management, Piping and Industrial Manufacturing preferred
• Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate opinions to implement solutions
• Technically responsible for the mechanical design of the products starting with the proposal up through fabrication and assembly
• Versed in report writing
If you’re interested in this Senior Mechanical Engineer position, please apply today!
Education: Minimum: Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Prefer: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Business or Industrial Management. Equivalent experience considered.
Experience: Prefer 5 to 8 years of experience in a design and drafting environment developing mechanical products. This experience will be coupled with significant Manufacturing Floor knowledge within the Mechanical, HVAC & Structural Industries. A strong desire to have knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methods. Knowledge of Welding, Tool Room Management, Piping and Industrial Manufacturing desired.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.