Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Baler Operator in Decatur, Illinois!
Baler Operator: will use a baler to process scrap metal into bales of the prescribed size and density for the customer’s use. This job will require the baler operator to have the agility to climb on to the baler operation platform in order to operate the controls as well as occasionally climb into the machine for maintenance.
This position is Monday-Friday, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm. Saturday 6-8 hours of OT as needed. Pay is $10.00 hour. This is a temp to hire opportunity. Steel toe boots are required to be worn at all times.
1. Operate the baler controls to make the prescribed bales.
2. Recognize different types of materials as they are processed.
3. Recognize operational problems and report them to a supervisor.
4. Assist in the maintenance of the equipment used to perform the job.
1. Unblemished work and attendance record
2. The strength and flexibility to lift and move up to 50 pounds manually
3. The agility to climb on to the baler platform
4. The ability and willingness to follow directions
5. Must be alert at all times
6. The ability to work together with other employees as a team
1. Basic knowledge and ability to follow the safety requirements of the job
2. Basic knowledge of the properties of metals
3. Basic knowledge of the machinery he/she will operate in the performance of the job
4. HS Diploma or equivalent
5. Basic math skills
1. The ability and willingness to learn new skills
2. Prior work at a scrap yard is helpful but not necessary
3. Production tracking preferred but will train
If you’re interested in this Baler Operator position, please apply today!
- Strength and flexibility to lift and move up to 50 pounds manually
- Agility to climb on to the baler platform
- Basic knowledge of the machinery that will be operated in the performance of the job
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic math skills
- Ability to pass pre-employment screenings
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.