Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Crane Operator is needed in Danville, IL!
Trillium is hiring a Crane Operator in Danville, IL. The Operator will be using a mobile crane to load and unload trucks as well as handling material for processing. The employee will need to have the agility to climb on and off the crane as well as move freely about the yard. This position reports directly to the yard foreman or manager and will work closely with the heavy equipment operators in feeding their processing equipment. Specifically excavators (back hoes).
This is a Temp to Hire position. Hours Monday -Friday 7:00am-3:30pm for the 1st week. Hours 6:00am-6:00pm afterwards, OT 6-8 hrs on Saturday. Pay rate is $10-$13/ hour, depending on experience. Selected Candidates will be expected to wear steel toe work boots.
1. Operate the machine’s controls in order to perform the designated task within the machine’s capabilities
2. Recognize the machine’s limitations in order to work safely in a large variety of job situations
3. Recognize operational control problems and report them to the supervisor so they can be adjusted or repaired
4. Assist the mechanics in the repair and routine maintenance of the machines
2. Unblemished work and attendance record
3. Ability to work safely/ alone in highly congested areas
4. The strength and dexterity to lift and move 35-50 pounds manually in the maintenance of equipment
5. The agility and flexibility to climb on the various machine areas to grease and clean the various machine components
6. The ability and willingness to follow directions
7. The ability to work together with other employees as a team
1. Must be alert at all times
2. The ability to recognize potential hazards
3. The ability and willingness to learn new skills
4. The ability to coordinate eye, hand, and foot movements
If interested in the Crane Operator position, apply now!
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Any recognized heavy equipment school certificate
- Any recognized job experience (military or civilian)
- An extensive knowledge of safety requirements of working around heavy equipment
- Ability to pass pre-employment screenings
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.