Now hiring a Body - Systems and Cost Component Engineer in the Auburn Hills, MI area!
Trillium Technical is looking for a Body - Systems and Cost Component Engineer in the Auburn Hills area. The individual is responsible for establishing technical cost for assigned components throughout program life (establishing piece cost and tooling investment targets, negotiation support for new business placement and cost analysis for design changes). Working from BOM, drawings and/or samples the individual must be able to develop technical cost for Body/Exterior components and systems using activity based costing methodologies. Individual provides subject matter expertise (cost & process) to support engineering and purchasing at working levels and to executive leadership. Individual must have the ability to analyze supplier quotes and reach agreement on appropriate piece cost and tooling cost using activity based costing. Individual must have understanding of elements of piece cost and investment for various manufacturing processing typical for the production of assigned commodities. BIW stampings:- Set targets (variable and tooling)- Support Purchasing in placing business- Collaborate change notice cost deltas
If you’re interested, apply now!
• Bachelor Degree with Engineering concentration is preferred, Journeyman or candidate with HS diploma with 10+ years’ relevant experience.
• REQUIRING 10+ years’ experience with design, manufacturing, OR procurement of Injection Molded parts like Fascias and Grilles or similar exterior body components to conduct piece price cost estimating and/or experience creating bottoms-up costing.
• Strong negotiation, leadership, interpersonal & communication skills required.
• MS Office proficient.
• Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
• Must be detail oriented and highly organized to manage many programs and cost details simultaneously.
• May be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required as well
• Will be required to travel domestically/international 20%
• Ability to pass pre-employment screenings
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
Jobs close to this one
One moment please while we grab your information.