Now hiring a Field Service Engineer in Albany, New York!
Trillium has a Field Service Engineer position available in the Albany, NY area. Starting salary range of $60,000/year based on experience. This is a direct hire opportunity working for our client who is a world leader in the design, manufacture, service and support of precision rubber and polymer laboratory instrumentation to include data acquisition and analysis software systems. This is a remote position requiring candidates to live in or around Albany, NY.
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform service, calibrations, emergency repairs, and installations of OEM instruments at customer facilities in a designated geographic region. The Field Service Engineer acts as a liaison between customers and appropriate personnel and provides a high level of customer service by providing on-time, quality service. In addition, this position is accountable for customer satisfaction, profitability, prompt and accurate reports and maintaining “trunk” inventory levels.
Essential Job Functions – Responsibilities:
- Ensure safety quality standards are maintained including industry safety practices established by customer.
- Contribute to the business financial targets with emphasis on revenue contributions and profit generated from service and the sale of parts
- Provide “on-time” (on or before due date) quality service by scheduling all assigned service accounts (i.e. installations, warranty, repair, calibration and emergency calls).
- Continuous improvement as it relates to customer satisfaction
- Ensure high level of technical knowledge and skill in order to promote new service accounts as well as maintaining existing accounts
- Support the area sales manager and the business by maintaining professional business ethics and ensuring customers are treated with efficiency, courtesy, and respect
- Ensure all paperwork, i.e. itineraries, service call reports, switch and go reports, expense reports, and tracking reports are completed in accordance with procedures.
- Maintain accurate levels of “trunk” inventory
- Comply with all ISO established procedures, which includes maintaining up-to-date ISO 9001 documentation
- Ensure constant communication between the customer and appropriate personnel providing sources of competitive information, sales opportunities, and customer product needs.
- Perform CPMP procedures an all current line of Rubber and Polytest instruments independently. Install and train customer on the current line of Rubber and Polytest instruments
- Troubleshoot and perform a RCFA on the current line of Rubber and Polytest instruments
- Repair and calibrate discontinued line of instruments (R100S, R100, M1500, M1300, T10, and T2000)
- Install and train customers on use of software products
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: Good level of fitness is required. This position requires frequent travel, standing, walking, stooping, and kneeling, lifting and carrying of materials up to 50 pounds.
If you’re interested in this Field Service Engineer opportunity, please apply today!
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics or instrumentation or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 3-5 years technical support or field service engineer experience required
- Must be fluent in English
- Able and willing to travel, including up to 60% of overnight travel, in personal vehicle
- Must have prior work experience in electronics, computer science or related field
- Microsoft Office Experience – Excel, Word and Outlook
- Prior experience with software – Windows, database management, networking, etc.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills: written oral and inter-personal skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and self-discipline traits
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to deal with a wide range of individuals
- Physical Demands: lifting up to 50 lbs
- Average vision and hearing is sufficient.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.