Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring an Application Engineer in Wixom, Michigan!
Trillium has an Application Engineer position available in the Wixom, MI. area. This is a direct hire opportunity. Salary will be based on experience with an estimated range of $75,000 to $90,000 yearly. We are seeking candidates for our client who is a growth-oriented organization and a leader in the test equipment industry. This is a first shift position with expected hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. Our client is currently not accepting or offering sponsorship.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Customer Requirement Review. Review and understand the customer RFQ (request for quote), customer SOW (statement of work).
- Summary of Requirements. Prepare quick, one page summary of the technical requirements (highlights) incorporating the key requirements for the system.
- System Block Diagram. Prepare a system block diagram. You will mark up and/or modify the existing top level system drawings (process, instrumentation, electrical, data acquisition, etc.) to meet the customer’s requirements. These tasks do not include the thorough understanding of non-technical matters/commercial matters. However, you are expected to be aware of the cost and schedule impact of commercial matters requirements. You will need to discuss and report the cost and schedule impact of commercial matters to the system application manager.
- Obtain Appropriate Guidance. Based on the key requirements, obtain guidance from the system application manager, sales manager, engineering manager and/or chief operating/executive officer. Such guidance may include a similar system project and/or requirement for a completely new system.
- Cost and Schedule Build up. After reviewing the marked-up drawings with the systems application manager, you will proceed with the cost and schedule build up. This will include obtaining the cost from ERP system, past component history, contacting the suppliers, internet search (do not use Ebay for such pricing), etc. This will also include selection and pricing of components not previously used such as flowmeters, pressure transducers, variable speed drives, inverter duty AC motors, PLC, data acquisition system, fluid components, etc. You may obtain help from experienced engineers for hydraulic/pneumatic/mechanical system. However, you will need to gather and condense all such data to prepare the overall system compliance and material budget/cost estimate.
- Obtain Guidance from Engineering Manager. In some cases, depending on the customer requirements, extensive engineering may be required to come up with the system application estimates, pricing, technical back-up, etc. Such extensive engineering may include a totally new system, understanding and reviewing the aircraft component test requirements and understanding the function/workings of the test component. Such test requirements for aircraft components are typically found in the company library of CMM (component maintenance manuals) for the aircraft components. You will need to obtain guidance from the engineering manager for the applicable products to ensure your understanding of the requirements.
- Prepare Project Budgets. Prepare the project budgets for each of the skill set categories (fluid/process/hydraulic circuit, electrical power circuit, The company-made electronic boards, subcontractor fabrication costs, subcontractor machining costs, data acquisition/instrumentation costs, engineering required for each of the categories (recurring costs and non-recurring costs), manufacturing assembly labor required for each of the categories. A considerable amount of such data can be derived from the company’s ERP system and/or discussion with the various engineers and/or subcontractors, etc.
- Review Actual Costs and Schedule. Review the actual costs incurred and the actual schedule achieved for the completed project for which you are responsible for the system application design, proposal, budgets, and the initial stages.
- Application Engineering Degree
- Ability to complete job duties above
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.