Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Field Service Engineer in Cambridge, Massachusetts!
Trillium Technical is seeking a Field Service Engineer.
• Deliver comprehensive support via the most effective channel for the customer.
• Respond to, triage, and escalate issues as appropriate. Diagnose and resolve customer support issues and own the lifecycle of incidents, requests, and problems for the client base.
• Mobilize internal support resources as needed and work with vendors and partner teams on appropriate escalations.
• Manage updates on issues to ensure client satisfaction and productivity.
• Review trends in ticketing systems and with working groups to identify recurring problems, potential problems, or problems and incidents that affect multiple clients to effectively find solutions and manage an organized response.
• Assess the need for new solutions on an individual or large-scale basis, and seek to build supportable, sustainable, and scalable solutions where possible
• Design and deploy standard client support processes, plan and schedule installation and deployment projects.
• Partner with applicable vendors and IS&T partner teams to assist with root cause analysis, problem management, and to ensure efficient operations within the ecosystem.
• Develop documentation for processes, policies, and procedures and manage the overall scope, quality, and effectiveness of documentation as it evolves.
• Manage the creation and modification of documentation for known resolutions and solutions to common problems within the Knowledge Base/FAQs.
• Inform and empower our client base, and understand their mission and function.
If you’re interested in this Field Service Engineer opportunity, please apply today!
Qualifications & Technical Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience, in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field preferred.
• Experience with supporting Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android platforms, and diagnosing/resolving problems across their software, hardware, and managed service product lines.
• Experience with Endpoint management services and tools, preferably SCCM, Casper, Active Directory and VMWare platforms
• Experience with common IT ticketing platforms, preferably Service Now
• Ability to be flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to leverage central, local, and 3rd party resources to find the best solution.
• Ability to take ownership of technical issues, and partner with various teams in IS&T to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
• Ability to coordinate and manage projects on small and large scales.
• Strong diagnostic skills and a working knowledge of current technology to resolve escalated customer complaints without the need for manager intervention.
• Experience with Linux (Ubuntu or Solaris) preferred, but not mandatory.
• Typically requires 5 or more years of relevant technical and business work experience with team leadership experience. (Minimum of 5 years of experience with a BA degree in computer science or related field or minimum of 7 years of experience without)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with ITIL and Agile practices and methodologies.
• Higher Ed experience preferred, but not mandatory.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.