Now hiring an Instrument Engineer in Chelsea, Michigan!
Trillium Technical is seeking an Instrument Engineer to provide technical leadership in the repair, upgrade and calibration of dynamometer test systems, instrumentation and controls to support test equipment. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Direct others in the field repair of test equipment, to maximize facility run time and assist technicians in their troubleshooting efforts.
• Prioritize, direct, and provide assistance with bench repairs to meet field demand, coordinate outsourced repair parts, and manage service part inventories.
• Perform work force management and provide customer interface.
• Analyze department service metrics and develop process refinements to improve service.
• Establish calibration and metrology best practices to achieve efficiency and accuracy.
If you’re interested in this Instrument Engineer opportunity, please apply today!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic, or equivalent Engineering disciplines
• 2+ years’ experience in AC & DC dynamometers, test cell instrumentation, test/control/PLC system development or support, or equipment calibration.
• Electronics troubleshooting, electronic test and/or test system design, customer service background, failure mode analysis, and root cause analysis on powertrain test cell systems.
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple jobs and projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to work effectively with all levels of management and union represented employees.
• Self-motivated with good communication skills.
• Master of Science degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
• 5+ years of experience with AC & DC motor/drive systems, control systems, computers, PLC, data acquisition systems, electronic components.
• 5+ years of advanced emission measurement support including analyzers used to measure gas and diesel emissions and particulate measurement equipment and calibration of emission analyzers.
• 5+ years of engine test support with an emphasis on test cell instrumentation & facility systems.
• 2+ years’ experience analyzing and defining equipment upgrades.
• 2+ years’ experience with the installation of new and modified test cells, particularly those installations involving new dynamometers and their controls.
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.