Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Technical Support Specialist in Providence, Rhode Island!
The organization will be rolling out the eWIC EBT card system over the next one and half years. The
individual will be the technical support person for the project as well as general IT support.
The purpose of this solicitation is to hire a Technical Support Specialist I to provide IT Technical Support for the rollout of the eWIC EBT card system at the organization. The role and responsibilities of the Technical Support Specialist I include, but are not limited to:
Responsible for creating, editing, deleting Active Directory (AD) user accounts. Creating and maintaining AD Groups and user memberships. Create and implement scripts to connect users to shared folders. Create and edit file server folder Quotas using File Server Resource Manager. Create and maintain user’s personal home folders. Ability to add and remove workstations to the AD Domain. Maintain workstation objects in Active directory and MS SCCM utility. Have the knowledge of granting and modifying files rights on Agency File servers.
Responsible for replacing OS by DVD or network imaging workstations using PXE boot process. Responsible for basic workstation troubleshooting, replacing monitors, RAM, hard drives. Installing printers and connecting all peripheral devices including LCDs and webcams. Configuring network printer\scanners to scan documents to email and shared network folders. Ability to troubleshoot LAN and wireless network connectivity issues. Create and manage Aruba wireless accounts and connectivity. Implement methods and procedures for the procurement of all computers, laptops, and hardware for RIDOH Knowledge of installing and troubleshooting McAfee software encryption with the use of ePolicy Orchestrator Management. application.
To provide end-user support daily, in person, by phone, or remotely. Ability to install and configure all
necessary desktop applications. Install, troubleshoot MS Office365 (client and web version) issues and
functionality using web research, MS support, or Enterprise Server Group resources. Configure and manage
Outlook resources and shared mailboxes. Coordinate with application Vendors to provide necessary support
for all RIDOH program applications running on network servers. Reboot and install Applications on network
servers. Have a working knowledge with EMC Networker backup and restore client application to restore
user’s lost\missing files on network servers.
To attend training sessions to keep abreast of new or improved software and procedures and, under
supervision, to conduct training sessions for other programming and technical staff members
• Preparing (using prepared images) PCs for installation at local agencies.
• Installing computers at local agencies including additional configuration, troubleshooting and
cooperation with local IT where applicable.
• Configuring and installing PCs, peripherals and networking equipment at testing and training
• Assistance in testing Crossroads MIS to confirm functionality and review system configuration
• Assistance in on-site verification of the operation of eWIC payment processing devices in stores
throughout the state.
• Provide phone-based and (when necessary) on-site IT support for local agencies during and after
pilot and statewide rollout of the Crossroads MIS.
If you’re interested in this Technical Support Specialist Opportunity, please apply today!
• Two years of Technical Support experience,
• Experienced with MS Active Directory
• 3 years of experience with workstation and peripheral troubleshooting,
• Possess the self-efficacy and confidence needed to fuel a personal tenacity in relentlessly
following up with action items at all levels in the organization,
• Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation,
• Punctuality, reliability, and a strong work ethic, with the ability to self-manage a must,
• Experience with collecting, analyzing and reporting accurate information and data within tight
deadlines a plus.
• Collaborate with other project and program team members
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.