Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
CNC Machinists needed in Ankeny, IA.
Trillium Staffing is in search of CNC Machinists on 2nd Shift (2pm-10:30pm) & 3rd Shift (10pm-6:30am)! This person will complete assigned tasks in the operation of CNC machine centers. Uses various measurement equipment and techniques to produce a quality part that meets the requirements of the customer. Provides feedback to the CNC Programmer to optimize performance of the assigned CNC machining centers.
Job duties include:
1. Build components for new tools, existing tools and tooling repairs using CNC machining centers and tool room equipment.
2. Prepares stock for machining on the CNC machine centers.
3. Using toolmakers scope, CMM, and various other equipment to measure, examine, and diagnose that components meet the quality requirements.
4. Work as a team with CNC programmers to ensure that projects are finished quickly and precisely.
5. Clean and maintain CNC machine centers.
6. Cross training and support of other departments within the tool room.
7. Other duties as required.
Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs and stand for long periods of time.
If you are interested, apply now .
1. Education/Experience. High school education coursework or GED required. Two-year tool & die degree or four years experience in tooling or mold making preferred. Two years experience working with CNC machining centers or one-year CNC Machinist Certificate.
2. Computer Skills. Ability to operate personal computer. Knowledge of Windows based CAD programs such as Master cam, AutoCAD and Solid Works.
3. Language Skills. Ability to read, comprehend, and utilize instructions and short correspondence with professionals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
4. Mathematical Skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, percent and use trigonometry. Ability to read and understand complicated designs and drawings.
5. Reasoning Ability. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. An understanding of cause and effect as it relates to mold making. Use of experience to trouble shoot and problem solve.
6. Other Skills and Abilities. Willingness to attend conferences, classes or training to enhance and update knowledge and skills. Occasional travel may be requested for company business. Overtime may be required to meet toolroom work demands.
One moment please while we grab your information.