CNC Programmer needed in Ankeny, IA.
Trillium Staffing is in search of a CNC Programmer on 2nd Shift (2pm-10:30pm) & 3rd Shift (10pm-6:30am)! This person completes assigned engineering tasks as needed to build production equipment. Uses various machining techniques to produce a quality plastic part that meets the requirements of the customer. Provides tooling support to the engineering, production, quality and maintenance departments. Optimize performance of the assigned CNC machining centers.
- Build components for new tools, existing tools and molds through the use of machining centers and tool room equipment, using designs created by the engineering department. Read and interpret plans from paper drawings or computer files.
- Using toolmakers scope, measures, examines, diagnoses and trouble-shoots new and existing molds to make improvements or corrections.
- Work as a team with project leaders to ensure that projects are finished quickly and precisely.
- Clean and maintain production tools and molds.
- Other duties as required.
- Reasoning Ability. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. An understanding of cause and effect as it relates to mold making. Use of experience to trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Other Skills and Abilities. Willingness to attend conferences, classes or training to enhance and update knowledge and skills. Occasional travel may be requested for company business. Overtime may be required to meet toolroom work demands.
- Supervisory Responsibilities. Ability to direct work task to others if you are assigned the lead role in a project.
- May be required to move or transport up to 55 lbs.
- Work Environment. The duties of this job are executed in a climate-controlled environment with few temperature or humidity extremes. Noise levels will vary from very low to moderate depending on the location that the work is performed within the facility. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee may have contact with machining residues such as steel chips, grinding dust, EDM smoke, cutting oils and coolants. Safety glasses are required.
If you are interested, apply now.
1. Education/Experience. High school education coursework or GED required. Two-year tool & die degree or four years experience in tooling or mold making preferred. Two years experience working with CNC machining centers.
2. Computer Skills. Ability to operate personal computer. Knowledge of Windows based CAD programs such as Master cam, AutoCAD and Solid Works.
3. Language Skills. Ability to read, comprehend, and utilize instructions and short correspondence with professionals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
4. Mathematical Skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, percent and use trigonometry. Ability to read and understand complicated designs and drawings.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.