Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
CNC Programmer needed for a temp to hire opportunity in East Granby, CT.
The CNC Programmer’s (Programmer) main task is to Develop, implement and maintain processing and programming for NC/CNC machining operations for complex details and assembly configurations for gas turbine engine components by performing the following duties. Must possess the ability to troubleshoot programs on the shop floor and be comfortable in a manufacturing environment.
• CNC Programmer who will use a cam software such as Edgecam or NX and Vericut to create CNC programs for vertical and horizontal CNC lathes and multi-axis CNC milling machines.
• Experience with Solidworks or similar cad software is a plus
• Duties include developing programs in a timely manner so as not to hold up production, specifying tooling, and resolving shop machining issues, and monitoring active jobs.
• Materials are high-technology aerospace materials including titanium, inconel and stainless steel.
• Runs state-of-the-art equipment using Fanuc controls; milling machines have 5-axis capability.
If you are interested, apply with us today.
• Associate’s degree (A. S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the aerospace industry or general manufacturing required. CNC machining experience and good computer aptitude and skills are vital qualifications. Edgecam, etc. and Vericut training is available for programmers familiar with other CAM software.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints or technical procedures
• A strong background in manufacturing-preferably aerospace and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is required
• Excellent communication skills are needed; both verbal and written. Must organized in the compiling of cost data to support quotations. The candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office tools and be proficient in the use of CAD solid modeling software.
One moment please while we grab your information.