Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Field Service Engineer needed in Traverse City, MI.
Trillium Staffing has a direct hire opportunity for a Field Service Engineer based in Northern Michigan.
Individual will be responsible for delivering demand and scheduled Field Service, Warranty Service and System Start Up to existing and new customers worldwide. Service work will involve analyzing component and system malfunctions and supporting customer effort to repair or implementing repairs personally in order to gets equipment functioning
This position involves regular engagement with Hydraulic and electrical Engineering groups in order to deliver needed customer support and to provide feedback from the field which will impact Quality and Design improvement.
Position will be expected to promote the sale of upgrades to existing Installations and to competitive Installations within customer base.
Essential Functions include:
- Travel to customer sites to provide service for hydraulic/electrical equipment as requested and required.
- Diagnose problems with customer’s equipment working with the necessary departments to facilitate a timely and efficient solution.
- Operate Computer based diagnostic equipment designed to instrument hydraulic and electronic systems.
- Develop Computer based Service Reports and other documentation. Complete, maintain, and process pertinent paperwork as required on a timely basis.
- Communicate with customers to help them understand how to use the Company’s products properly.
- Participate in or teach customer schools to facilitate the customer educational process.
- Keep well-informed and stay abreast of new technology, developments and procedures within the hydraulics industry.
- Review Customer Installations for Opportunities to Upgrade and Improve Existing Equipment.
- Provide feedback to engineering regarding technical problems encountered by customers so the overall quality level and customer satisfaction can be improved.
IF you are interested, apply now.
- Solid Communication skills that will facilitate resolving technically challenging problems for and with customers and with internal support.
- Ability to resolve issues to closure while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Effective listener to function as Voice of the Customer providing feedback to foster improvement in Customer Satisfaction
- Be an effective and valuable contributor to the Engineering Group in support of future product and Systems Design Improvements
-Minimum of an associates degree in fluid power technology or related engineering oriented educational background
- Experience in Heavy Industry environment involving Hydraulically Operated machinery specifically in Service, Analysis, Troubleshooting role with demonstrated ability to understand Complex Hydraulic systems -Excellent commercial skills, technical aptitude
-Knowledge of Industrial Hydraulic Pumps, valves and Hydraulic Systems.
Preferred Licenses and Certifications
- Cert Fluid pwr pecialist
- Cert Fluid pwr hydr spec.
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.