Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Senior Business Analyst needed in Boston, MA.
The Business Analyst’s role is to elicit, analyze, specify and validate the business requirements of project stakeholders. Elicit requirements through facilitated requirements gathering sessions. Analyze requirements and create documentation and specifications. Validate that the requirements meet the needs of the business. Perform system testing to validate the high level functionality of solutions. Build subject matter expertise in customer’s field and develop productive relationships with customers. The position requires flexibility, responsiveness, creativity and innovative thinking. Previous experience working with State Government Agencies is preferable. This position is associated with Highway applications, specifically a materials testing and management application. This role will require flexibility in leading other business analysts as well as being an individual contributor. This position will require travel to Hopkinton, MA.
• Elicit requirements using interviews, requirements workshops, user stories, scenarios etc.
• Document the detailed business requirements in a traceable, testable and verifiable format
• Provide recommendations and specifications to refine the business processes as needed to achieve a positive impact to the solution
• Produce work products as appropriate including Business Requirements Documentation, Functional Specifications, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, Workflows, Business Rules, Business Process Flows, Data Flows
• Define Report specifications
• Support test strategy definition, test requirements definition, development of system test cases and test plans, and assistance to the business with execution of test phases, specifically UAT testing
• Perform system testing across API services, UI, application flows, and data flows
• Contribute to the Training Documentation
• Effectively communicate project status, issues, schedule and accomplishments to various management and stakeholder groups, as needed
• Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives across the enterprise
• Leverage subject matter expertise to advise customers on business priorities, options, risks, and costs, and ensure solutions meet the needs of the business
• Ensure that the solution adheres to compliance and standard operating procedures
• Work with the Material Testing& Management vendor to ensure the product meets the business need
• Perform work as a business analyst lead as well as an effective business analyst contributor.
If you are interested, apply now.
• Ability to effectively communicate, formally and informally, both oral and written, with various project stakeholders including, IT leadership, business customers, team members, and other IT colleagues
• Experience in producing various work artifacts throughout the project life cycle
• Knowledge and application of industry standard project management principles delivered using various systems development life cycles, with an emphasis on agile scrum methodology
• Knowledge of writing SQL queries in support testing
• Experience working with vendor product implementations, including material testing systems as a plus
• Ability to define, manage, and exceed business customer expectations
• Ease with organizing and facilitating meetings
• BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science or related field
• Minimum 8 years of direct work experience as a business analyst with BA certification desirable
• Subject matter or domain experience working in related industries
• Demonstrated track record of success at IT projects that meet business requirements and customer
• Experience with Agile/Scrum Methodology
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.