Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Diesel Truck Mechanic needed in Danville, IL.
Trillium Staffing is currently seeking a Diesel Truck Mechanic. Pay range is $13-$18/hour, based on experience. The schedule is Monday-Friday with some Saturdays.
This job requires the employee to make major repairs on diesel trucks and trailers that are used in the Company transportation system. It is imperative that this employee has received formal training with the proper certification or equivalent experience to be proficient at mechanical repairs. The mechanic must have the strength and agility to lift 40+ pounds and climb on to the vehicles for the purpose of diagnosis and repair.
1. Diagnose and make routine repairs and service both trucks and trailers.
2. Replace parts and components when necessary to rebuild units at regular intervals.
3. Inspects and tests equipment at prescribed intervals of time or usage or because of breakdown or malfunction. Immediately removes from service and potentially dangerous equipment.
4. Inspects, tests and aligns lights and wheels as well as maintains the electrical systems and controls.
5. Disassembles, inspects, and replaces work or broken parts. Replaces parts as required to maintain or overhaul motors, transmissions, clutches, steering devices, brakes and wheels, and hydraulic systems.
6. Maintains records of vehicle maintenance and parts usage. Requisition parts from the Garage Manager.
If you are interested, apply with us today.
- Must be full journeyman mechanic
- Must be able to diagnose necessary repairs to the vehicles and have the skills to make the repairs.
- Must own the proper tools required to make repairs.
- A good working knowledge of airbrakes, electrical, suspension steering and general trailer repairs
- Basic diagnostic skills
- A minimum 5 years of experience in fleet maintenance.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.