Systems and Cost Component Engineer needed in Auburn Hills, MI.
Individual is responsible for establishing technical cost for assigned components throughout program life (establishing piece cost and tooling investment targets, negotiation support for new business placement and cost analysis for design changes). Working from BOM, drawings and/or samples the individual must be able to develop technical cost for Body/Exterior components and systems using activity based costing methodologies. Individual provides subject matter expertise (cost & process) to support engineering and purchasing at working levels and to executive leadership. Individual must have the ability to analyze supplier quotes and reach agreement on appropriate piece cost and tooling cost using activity based costing. Individual must have understanding of elements of piece cost and investment for various manufacturing processing typical for the production of assigned commodities. BIW stampings:- Set targets (variable and tooling)- Support Purchasing in placing business- Collaborate change notice cost deltas.
If you are interested, apply now.
• Bachelor Degree with Engineering concentration, Journeyman or candidate with HS diploma PREFERRED with 10+ years’ relevant experience.
• 10+ years’ experience with stamping die processing, or die design including Progressive, Transfer, or Tandem experience.
• Tooling or piece price cost estimating experience or experience creating bottoms-up costing of BIW Stampings.
• Would be happy with experience in one of the following:
-Developing investment cost
• Experience with bottom-up costing of stampings and/or assemblies
-Set targets (variable and tooling)
-Support Purchasing in placing business
-Collaborate change notice cost deltas
• 3 years’ experience with design, manufacturing, OR procurement of BIW components.
• Strong negotiation, leadership, interpersonal & communication skills required.
• MS Office proficient.
• Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
• Must be detail oriented and highly organized to manage many programs and cost details simultaneously.
• May be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required as well
• Will be required to travel domestically/international 20%
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.