Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Telecommunication Engineer needed in Iowa City, IA.
The OSP assists in the layout and design of OSP telecommunications projects. This includes aerial and fiber design layout, manhole/handhole layout, underground conduit, building entrance and riser facilities, utility, road and railroad crossing, and other complex ROW issues. The OSP Engineer will also be expected to ensure the project is completed while following company, local, and federal standards and specifications.
- Prepare and implement detailed project plans and specifications.
- Interpret underground utility records, plat maps, and railroad validation.
- Maintain and operate GPS equipment in design of networks.
- Assist Construction/Engineering managers in preparing network designs, special studies, and preparing estimates.
- Oversee field construction and ensure project meets quality requirements.
- Review project bid analysis and recommendations for OSP.
- Work with CADD operators to ensure completion of accurate engineering and As-Built drawings.
- Helps to ensure project is finished on-time and on-budget.
- Represent company positively to outside customers and clients.
- Effectively communicate with project team, management, and clients.
- Adhere to company safety policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This is a first shift, direct hire position, offering $50,000-$65,000, depending on experience. Relocation benefits may apply to those qualified.
If you are interested, apply now
- Bachelor of Science Degree in construction management, electrical engineering, or civil engineering preferred.
- BICSI Certification preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the telecom construction/fiber/telecommunications industry.
- Experience with project management, planning, and contract negotiations.
- Experience with GIS mapping
Trillium Construction Services has been recruiting and hiring construction and skilled trades talent for over 30 years. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.