Senior Network Engineer needed in Boston, MA.
As a member of the Network Team, the Senior Network Engineer will provide onsite and remote support on a 24x7 basis to our business customers who have critical response time requirements for their business technology systems. You will work independently and as part of a team to answer service desk calls, urgently analyze technical issues, address escalated issues, work with the project manager on team related projects, and troubleshoot over the phone/onsite/via remote access. This position will require flexible work hours for systems deployment and troubleshooting activities.
This role will successfully demonstrate the skills required to secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, and reduce costs.
Job duties include:
- An experienced Network Engineer familiar with Cisco networking best practices.
- An experienced Network Engineer familiar with Cisco and Fortigate firewall best practices.
- An experienced Network Engineer familiar with Citrix Netscaler best practices.
- Thorough knowledge of Networking and Infrastructure
- Design, install and support of Routing, Switching and Security/VPN technologies in the WAN/LAN environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of the Network team
- Willingness to participate and share in rotating on-call duties.
Ability to respond to on-call / on-site situations in within required SLA parameters (2 hr max drive time).
If you are interested, apply now.
1. Experience with designing, configuring and troubleshooting complex networks.
2. Knowledge of routing protocols (e.g. EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, and BGP) in a mixed environment.
3. Knowledge of VLAN technology, VTP and STP protocols.
4. Experience in Access Control Lists, Firewalls, Citrix Netscalers, VPN technologies, Wi-Fi technologies, Enterprise Wireless technologies and other security technologies.
5. Solid understanding of network routers and switches.
6. Knowledge of T1, T3, SONET, DWDM and OC technologies.
7. Experience with Metro-Ethernet technologies.
8. Experience in Network monitoring and management tools.
9. Experience in VOIP and QoS.
10. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
11. Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
12. Ability to adjust to changing situations to meet emergencies, program changes or production requirements.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.